SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation status for AVC in FM-BCS

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi:

While setting activation status for AVC ledger there are many confusing options as highlighted in the attached screen shot. Until now i have used Active with soft logic . SAP help is also not explanatory about this as shown in the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/a0/1af53b3e1a8f3fe10000000a11402f/content.htm . Please explain the meaning of each check so that the same could be communicated to Client.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any update on above?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Any update on above?

0 Kudos

Hi Atif,

Press F1; it's quite exhaustive.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli:

Sorry i missed it . Thanks but still its confusing me. There is no difference but active with soft logic and active with strict logic. I tested both after changing the configuration of check and reconstructing AVC ledger. I have a fund center A and commitment item XYZ. I allocated budget of 1000 to it, in actual posting system issued warning message of Budget getting exhausted when i posted in FB50 for 1000 amount. I tested this with both checks result was same.. I am unable to understand the underlying idea.

Please guide .

Regards

0 Kudos

Soft logic means the following: suppose, you have a warning on 80%. You are now already on 84% of consumtion and then you increase your budget (or decrease consumption) by 2%. With soft logic, you won't receive any message for this operation, as you are 'improving' your budget availability. With strict logic, the message will be issued anyway, as even after this operation you are still above 80%.