cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync Jobs in GRC 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

When i run a full user Sync in GRC10, The job ended with the same number of users as in backend ECC system. However, the table GRACUSER doe not have all the entries. Another observation is when i try to search a user to run simulations, i get a "user does not exist" message. I am not sure what is causing this.

Did any one of you faced a similar issue?

Any input on the sync jobs is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Raghav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

GRACUSER is a master user table. If you want to check whether all the entries have been synch properly in the repository tables, check the same in GRACUSERCONN table for users.

For other issue you can also contact GRC support through OSS.

Best Regards,

JItan Batra

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jitan,

May I know what is the use of these tables?

Regards,

Faisal

jitan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

It has user master detail information. And also used for user mapping scenarios.

Best Regards,

Jitan Batra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jitan,

I checked the table as mentioned above and i have all the entries in the table. Now the issue still remains. The user does not show up when i perform a search hence cannot run simulations. I get a blank screen when i try to running a simulation by manually entering the userID

jitan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

Please check if connector has been maintained in the Maintain Data Sources Configuration.

Best Regards,

Jitan Batra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jaitan,

there are randonm set of users which are not showing up in the search. I see most of them.

As i mentioned above, a user exist in the GRACUSERCONN but not in GRACUSER. The once not having an entry in GRACUSER are not showing up fwith the search. Hope this is enough to help me. Let me know if you need me to check something else.

Thanks,

Raghav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raghav,

I do not know if you have run the synch job below, but try this and make sure you select all 3 check boxes (Profile, Role, User) and choose Incremental Synch Mode:

GRAC_REPOSITORY_OBJECT_SYNC

Regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patrick,

Thanks for the response. Yes i have the job scheduled to run twice a day. I still have some missing users

Thanks,

Raghav

jitan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

Ideally one entry per user should exist in GRACUSER table. There were few issues fixed in SP07 (plug-in and GRC both).

Please check in which SP you are in for both GRC box and plug in.

Thanks & Regards,

Jitan Batra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a similar issue, but then related to roles assigned to users.

We also run the incremental sync job 6 times a day.

When roles have been removed from users in the backend. They are still visible with existing assignments overview in GRC system (even after sync).

This results in provisioning error when requesting a "retain role" request.

Plugin system then give error message that the role is invalid (because it was not assigned anymore to the user).

So I think that when a role has been removed from a user (in background job in backend, because of expired validity dates), the role should not appear anymore in the existing assignment overview of the user in GRC.

Did anyone else experience this as well?

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, we experienced this sync issue in our SP12 systems. Resolution required implementing corrections in both the GRC system and in each of the ABAP connected systems. I encourage you to review these corrections:

1970532  for implementation in the Target Systems.

1934813 and 1859038 for implementation in the GRC 10 System

Good luck!

Gretchen

former_member187795
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gretchen,

I was testing the Synch jobs and found that data is not getting updated properly for User - Role relationship (From target system into GRC tables)

In my target system user had one composite role and one single role. I have assigned these roles through GRC.

I ran synch jobs and checked GRACROLEUSAGE table for this user and connector and can see that data is proper.

Then i removed the composite role through GRC and then re-ran synch jobs. Now the user has only one single role in target system. But GRACROLEUSAGE table has few single roles which are part of the removed composite role.

Though I ran synch jobs multiple times, still GRACROLEUSAGE has same user - role data.

Now we planned to implement the SAP note 1970532 in target system, but one of the dependent notes 1939021 are not available in market place. Did you had the same issue?

Thanks,

Sai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Padmavathi,

The original question ( posted almost two years ago!) here is already answered. I encourage you to start a new discussion with your new question about synch jobs.

Gretchen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghav,

I am facing similar situation , where some user ids are missing in table GRACUSER and all the user ids exist in table GRACUSERCONN. Please share if you found the soltution.

Thanks,

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghavedra,

Kindly go through the SAP note #1664125: Deleted users are not getting deleted after Repository sync.

The issue was fixed in SP8 and the note is for Plugin system. Please make sure that the users that you are looking for are not the deleted user.

Please also look into SAP Note#1742087.

Regards,

Shaily

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for the responses. I am on SP08 on GRC and SP05 on the plug in. I observed the issue is Random.

I have all the entries in my crash and burn, and test systems. The entries are not matching in my dev, quality and production systems. I have a message open with SAP and they asked me to upgrade to the lastest on the plug-in. I am assuming this is more to do with app servers or something.

Shaily,

This is not the issue with the deleted users. The existing users are not showing up in GRC to run simulations.

Thanks,

Raghav