cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rescheduling activity with new calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

When i schedule any activity with calculation key 1 and a start date, system automatically calculates the end based on the work center capacity and the factory calendar (system does not consider holidays and weekends for scheduling as defined in the factory calendar) used in the work center.

Now i want to schedule this activity over the weekend, so i created a new factory calendar with all weekends as working days.Now i assigned the new factory calendar to the activity and did the scheduling again. Now i expect system to change the end date considering the weekends as working. But unfortunately system is still not considering weekend as working ??? Any pointers on reason for the same will be really helpfull??

Warm Regards,

Jatinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked the flag for 'scheduling with breaks' in network scheduling parameter(transaction OPU6)?

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahindra,

Thank you for the quick update, but i have not checked 'scheduling with breaks' in network scheduling parameter(transaction OPU6)? But still it is not considering the weekends for scheduling?

Any furhter pointers will be really helpfull. Is there ay further Factory calendar settings to be done, some assignments which are mandatory etc?

Regards,

Jatinder Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can check following items:

1) You NEED TO HAVE flag checked for OPU6.

2) Please check if in your factory calander which days are marked as working or non-working.

3) Is the calander valid from and valid to date is proper so that it can consider same calender for past as well as future scheduling dates.

4) Also check if which calendar is assigned to work center as well as Plant. Try to keep both as same.

thats all!

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahindra,

It works when i have the revised factory calendar in WC as well as activity.

Now the question is - by default system takes Factory calendar (FC) of the WC in activity, now even when i manually assign the new factory calender in the activity system does not consider the revised FC for scheduling, but it still uses the FC of the WC for scheduling.

Is there any setting where we setup that if FC is entered manually system should consider workind days as per the FC entered in activity and not the FC of WC??

Thanks again.

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think here in this case WorkCenter-Factory calendar is taken as highest priority while that of activity or network is second priority.(same also happens for many fields in material master which can also be maintained at plant level)

I think there is no customization setting where you can change priority so that by default it takes network-activity factory calender for scheduling.

If you see, factory calendar insertion is not mandatory for work center. So it always allows to choose calendar from activity. However if you are inserting the same, system will take it as first priority.

Here better way of managing will to have no factory calendar assignment to work center, but keep only the same in network.

Regards,

Mahendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks again Mahindra.

Now i nhave removed the calendar from Work center master, and created a new project assigned the Activity, scheduled and saved. Now changed the Factory calendar in the Activity, still it is not considering the working days as per the revised Calendar.

Note - for the project FC is being copied from the Plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Any pointers on this will be really helpful.

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahindra,

FYi - I found the answer to my question.

If we specify a unit that is smaller than "day" for the duration or thetime interval, the system schedules using the operating time per the the work center.

Now the operating time is calculated in a different way. Here if the factory calander is missing in work center, system considers Plant's factory calendar. Here basically we have to calculate the available capacity in work center using operating time.

Eg - Suppose you have a work centre where operating time is 7 hours/day and you have assigned this to an activity for which you have maintaine 21 hours in duration. So system calculates that you will require 3 days to complete this activity 7*3 = 21. Then it checks the work center factory calendar to find the start and finish dates of actvity.  If it is not found in work center then it uses the plant calendar.

Tha table for factory calendar(in your attachment) holds good when the unit is Day or greater ( week, month etc.)\

Thank you.

Regards,

Jatinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jatinder,

Nice esprit.

Regards,

Pranav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jatinder for providing the information about solution you found.

regards,

Mahendra

Answers (0)