cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservice CX_ST_MATCH_ELEMENT:XSLT exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are consuming a 3rd party web service in our ECC system and then using these proxy classes and methods inside Webdynpro ABAP. One of the the methods web service is to view the contents of the uploaded file from the 3rd party server location. I get the error CX_ST_MATCH_ELEMENT:XSLT exception.System expected element 'y'.

After few investigations, I found the issue is in the SAP side only. I installed the TCP gateway and was able to get the attachment objects in the response. I also installed SOAP UI and was able to successfully get the attachment from the web service method. So, looks like SAP is not able to resolve some of the complex types in the wsdl. Below is my wsdl. Can someone please help how to break this down to a simpletype that would be supported by SAP.

<xs:element name="FdkViewContentMtom">

<xs:complexType>

<xs:sequence>

<xs:element name="objectId" type="xs:string"/>

<xs:element name="requestedFormat" type="xs:string"/>

<xs:element name="requestedPageModifier" type="xs:string"/>

<xs:element name="returnContent" type="xs:boolean"/>

<xs:element name="credentials" type="fdkcommon:FdkServiceCredentials" nillable="true" minOccurs="0"/>

<xs:element name="params" type="fdkcommon:FdkParam" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

</xs:sequence>

</xs:complexType>

</xs:element>

<xs:complexType name="FdkViewContentDataMtom">

<xs:element name="contentData" type="fdkcommon:FdkViewContentData"/>

<xs:element name="content" type="xs:base64Binary" xmime:expectedContentTypes="*/*"/>

<xs:element name="params" type="fdkcommon:FdkParam" nillable="true" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>

<xs:element name="FdkViewContentMtomResponse">

<xs:complexType>

<xs:element name="results" type="FdkViewContentDataMtom"/>

</xs:element>

Thanks,

Nagarajan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ttrapp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

At the first sight the WSDL is OK. The "problem" seems to be the following: the SOAP response message isn't matching with the WSDL. The ABAP web service runtime performs a structural validation (XML Schema) of the SOAP response against the WSDL and is very strict.

Cheers,

Tobias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

System is looking for some mandatory component kindly check the WSDL schema if all the element which are required are passed .

Thanks

Sunanda