cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Background job

former_member503200
Participant
0 Kudos

I am running few jobs in sequence.  When I am setting up the jobs, I am using after job functionality.  Subsequent job is triggered after the 1st job is completed.  But some reason its working for 1st stime, after that 1st job is not triggering the subsequent job.  Is it not possible to setup periodic jobs using after job functionality.  Any help is appreciated.

Thx

Jeff

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jef,

We also had similiar problems, with scheduling periodic jobs.

I suggest you go for process chain functionality, if you have more no.of jobs which needs to be triggered one after another. Its much simpler to create, veiw and maintain process chains.

Regards

Shankar.

dev_shetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeff,         We had similar problem with after event with periodic job not with after job. Have tried with after event. Your predecessor job triggers the event and event schedules successor job. Thanks Dev  

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Why don't you use one job with different steps?

Have you used the after job

The job will start on the completion of the specified job. You can specify whether the preceding job must complete successfully or not.

Note: Jobs scheduled to start when a preceding job completes cannot be specified as "Periodic jobs".

When using the predecessor functionality is that you must call the JOB_CLOSE for thefirst job in the queue after you have submitted and closed all the successor jobs.

Please refer this link,

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/fa/096db5543b11d1898e0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Regards,

R.Brahmankar