cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the SAP best practice of managing errors in billing/invoice generation point ?

0 Kudos

What is the SAP best practice of managing errors in billing/invoice generation point ?

I have seen different organization has configured it in different ways ;

eg;-

1. if there is an error anywhere in the process then the invoice will be blocked without posting at the billing point. Later we have to correct the error to post the invoice.

2. if there is an error anywhere in the process then the invoice should not get posted and instead prompt an error massage (red one) pointing the cause and not allow to proceed further.

etc..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Just sharing SAP best practices link;

SAP best practices

Enjoy.

Tharaka H.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

i suggest the most popular is just to issue the eror message "No billing documents were generated. See log" :

no blocking, no posting, no saving

regards,

0 Kudos

Hi mr. PPIO,

Your answer make more sense and better in terms of internal control perspective. But I would like to refer to any publication on best practices by SAP.

Please direct me to SAP publication on Billing best practice, if any. Also let me know, If it doesn't exist.

Thanks,

Tharaka H.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

to be honest i have never seen / heard about the "Billing best practice"... please try to google..

regards,

0 Kudos

Thanks for the direction.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whatever you have indicated are standard functionality of billing.  If there is any error in billing document, you can save the billing document but accounting document would not be generated and if you try to release manually, system will pop up the error message and only after maintaining this, system will allow you to post.

Predominantly, the error would be

• Account determination error and in some cases,
  • FI period closed during invoice generation
  • Incompletion log in the preceding document

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

I partially agree with you. But I don't think there is any config called "standard", because it a business decision to config as per the management discretion. But what I asked was "best practice" !!!

Please direct me to SAP published materials on Billing best practice, if any.

Thanks.

Tharaka H.