cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Decimals-I've read what NOT to do, but...

spetras
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello - [Using SAP R/3D Rel. 9.00.4035#] I have read from multiple sources that you should not change the decimals for currencies in use. However, I still need resolution to the fact that we, as front end users are required to enter USD in x.xx format when we have parts that cost x.xxxx

I've checked with our IT group and our USDN currency is defined with 5 decimals. However, we (front end users) can't set our MM standard price beyond 2 decimals nor can we set net price or other fields housing currency beyond 2 decimals. Somehow, we must overcome this dilemma because there is so much work for users to manually convert the quotes we get from suppliers from a .xxxx value to a .xx value so that standard price and net price fields accept (adjusting the Net Price PER accordingly) and then we have to convert back manually in order to make accurate x.xxxx format on the PO going to the vendor.

If we enter .xxxx into the Standard Price field and then hit 'enter', SAP returns error message stating: [Input should be in the form ___,___,___~.__]

I checked our [Own Data] and it shows [1,234,567.89]. This value cannot be changed on our screens.

I would be extremely grateful for help in resolving the issue to allow us to enter more than 2 decimal places based on the information provided above.

If I have posted in the wrong section...please forgive me. I DID try to determine the best place and saw others had posted here on this topic and gave it a chance. If an administrator needs to move, please feel fre to do so and correct me.

Best Regards,

SJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

in OY04 have you got the USD set 5 (not the USDN) ?

if not please try to create a new entry for USD and test it

regards,

spetras
Explorer
0 Kudos

I believe USD is 5. I will have to check with my IT person tomorrow. Painful since I don't have the ability to verify myself. Being told we can't do anything about the situation. Hoiwever, it seems to me that if it's coded to 5...something should be able to be set on front end to allow up to that.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it SD side or MM side? Can you check whether OSS Note 38881 - Pricing with different decimal places is of any help?

Regards,

spetras
Explorer
0 Kudos

The fields I mention above are on MM side. However, I'm sure the same issue exist on the SD side. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure if the note applies to me or not. I know that the currency is defined for 5 decimals and I need to enter more than 2 that are on;y allowed in the MM fields I mentin above.

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then check the link http://scn.sap.com/thread/2040332 which was posted in MM side.

Regards,

spetras
Explorer
0 Kudos

Yes. Everything I read says to use OY04 but then others warn not to use it in a live system due to corrupting records. Hence, my start of this thread. We can use the Net Price Per,but then that requires a calculation back to the original value (>2 digits) manaully for the PO so that the vendor sees the true .xxxxx price.

Could it be that the user/own data should be increased to allow more than .xx? Is that possible? I can't change on my screen, but perhaps it's an admin aspect.

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dear,

if you run t-code OY04 (Decimal Places for Currency Codes) - what is the setting there?

regards,

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check the OY01 also , because here you set the country based decimal format,  and also check MR.PPIO answer also ,

spetras
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello - OY04 reflects the value at (5). Thanks.