Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP-PI and REST webservice integration

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In what way I can integrate SAP-PI with REST web service which understands HTTP GET/POST?

Do we have any standard blogs explaining the process ?

I need java based solution. What kind of adapter should be used?

scenario will be like this

SAP-ISU<----->sends idoc-<--->SAP-PI<-------> REST webserive

I tried searching in SCN could not find suitable blog.

Regards

Anupam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The scenario can be realized using Advantco's REST adapter

Regards

Anupam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anupam,

Just to add: another (more complete & real REST compatible) solution is the RESTful adapter by KaTe.

With best regards

Sebastian

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Anupam,

I went through all the discussion in threads regarding Integration of Rest API.

My requiment is similar

1. Event/Get call from PI->Rest API
  2. Rest webservice sends the required data ->SAP PI

We are on SAP PI 7.0,

1. use of AXIS framework and Httpgetter method is not possible
  2. REST advance adapter we may not buy
  3. Java Proxy is not better approach as we may migrate to higher version in future.

What would be best approach for me. Is ECC job->PI(Java Mapping)->Rest API is good approach.

How can it be handled in Java mapping in PI 7.0

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

One option is to use SAP Netweaver Gateway . But again, that might be a separate license .Also gateway is used to expose backend SAP data as REST services using ODATA protocol , and looking at your requirement I think you want something that can call outside REST API .

Till SAP releases its own REST adapter, I think you only option is Advantco or some complex custom solution .

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Have the same question, need guidance on how to enable restull in PI. No adapters please.

We here in the company have a complex scenario of SAP Hybris Integration with SAP ECC, and we will use rest as solution through PI.

I heard that the newest version of SAP PI will have Rest capability. Is it true?

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thank you so much for your kind response.                     

Forgot to mention I am working on SAP PI 7.0. Is there any documentation java based which shows step by step integration with REST webservice. The links you have mentioned are good indeed but are either ABAP based or meant for experts (which I am definately not).I need very basic level communication example between SAP-PI and REST webservices (such as login request response) as I have never worked in such scenarios.

Regards

Anupam 

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The first link provided by Michal gives the overview for you. As you know Rest is the simplest form of webservice you can think of not using complicated soap message structure, authentication methods and so. I think you can use even soap adapter without envelope option to consume this web service.  But you cannot do GET operation with your PI version. You might want to try it.

THe other rough approach is, if the interface is synchronous, make a call in mapping using Java mapping using java api to this REST webservice  and return response and pass it to the sender system.

example:

http://docs.jboss.org/resteasy/docs/1.0.0.GA/userguide/pdf/RESTEasy_Reference_Guide.pdf

http://docs.oracle.com/javaee/6/tutorial/doc/gilik.html#gipzh