cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom forecast with expost????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I need to create custom forecast including ex-post.

I checked the BAdIs available for SCM 7.0 and found BAdI /SAPAPO/SDP_FCST_EXT, but here there is no place for the expost, only for the forecast.

How on earth is the expost added, so it can be shown to the planner??

thanks a lot for any help,

J.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

dev_shetty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

You can create your own customized forecasting model/strategy using enhancement-APOPR001 in transaction CMOD and use the strategy in forecast profiles. 

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Dev Shetty

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Ex-Post forecast is used by system and the user doesn't have any control over it.

If the model initialization periods length is less than that of  history data periods, the system uses ex-post forecast. Please check the following link for details on the concept.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm50/helpdata/en/ac/216b77337b11d398290000e8a49608/frameset.htm

You can define the length of model initialization periods in customization

SPRO path: IMG > APO > Supply Chain Planning > DP > Basic Settings > Maintain customer specific settings for outlier correction

In the forecast profile (t.code /sapapo/mc96b), the future and history periods length can be defined. The ex-post forecast key figure can be set in forecast settings of planning area management (t.code /sapapo/msdp_admin).

Thanks,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

sorry, I didn´t make myself clear:

My client requests a customized forecast model he has used in the past and that works well for them, which is not included in the standard. Therefore, he expects both a forecast calculation and an ex-post.

I found some BAdI's for this (a natural choice was BAdI /SAPAPO/SDP_FCST_EXT), but I cannot fill the ex-post key figure from the code, this is why I was asking. It has nothing to do with the ex-post computed by the standard DP forecasting models.

regards,

J.

rajkj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

The BAdI might use ex-post values that are already available in the planning area. You can use PlanningBookAPS' BAPI BAPI_PBSRVAPS_CHANGEKEYFIGVAL2 to upload ex-post key figure values. The following SAP note might help you.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/394076

Thanks,
Rajesh