cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Level steps for install on existing SolMan machine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am very new to SAP Basis and this is my first real task.

I have a small and a very basic question. Hope someone can help me. We have a server with SolMan installed. I want to install Central Instance on the same machine.

On a high level what steps should I follow to achieve this? Do I need to do a fresh Oracle install or will the existing one work?

Thanks for all the help.

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish

When you are referring to central instance do you mean you are trying to install a new SAP instance ?

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I want to install a new SAP instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Depending on the product which you want to install you should refer to the corresponding installation guide.

Few things you will have to be cautious of are

1) Instance number has to be different from the existing instance on that host

2) <SID> has to be different from the existing instance on that host.

sapinst will install the database for you automatically. No need to separately install the database.

Regards

Amit Padmawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to suggestion above, check the hardware requirements also. It shouldn't be that the server gets loaded completely because of the existing SolMan and new SAP system coming in.

Regards,

Srikishan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Manish,

As describe earlier use different host name. then you need to check for whether your going to use MCOD or a single isntance for oracle. in Single instane then you need to install Oracle software freshly.

You can use below steps this i am giving considering your doing a installation on any of the UNIX flavors.:-

1) check for file system for new instance

2)Check for existing SID & instance on same host

3) Start with CI installation(in case of Single host for both CI-db) or start Global host Preparation for Distributed environment

4) Start with DB installation on same host if central system or in case of Distributed on differnet host

5) Install oracle software whenever it is promoted

6) continue with installation of DB

7)Perform Central instance in case of Distributed environment

😎 Perform Post installation steps once done

Let us know if any queries regarding the same.

Regards,

Ram