cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI: How to update the Message Status (shown by transaction SXMB_MONI )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My question might be stupid, but I need you help.

I would like to know how can I update the message status what we see while using trasaction SXMB_MONI . The Scenrio is, I have a Custom Interface program build on the Abap Proxy interface method called EXECUTE_ASYNCHRONOUS.

If I am not wrong, transaction SXMB_MONI is on the XI system and also on the SAP Application system. ( But I am not sure in what way the same transaction differ in two systems )

My issue is, when I receive the xml data into a structure in abap proxy, I am doing some validation on the received message data. If I found some error in the data , then I need to update the Message status of the SXMB_MONI to ERROR flag. How to implement this ? I have not done one before. And I am not sure, if any exception like error message is raised, will it stop the proxy from processing further and update the Message Status and this can be viewed using SXMP_MONI in the SAP application system to be ERROR flag?

Or is there a BAPI or function module to handle this ?

Appreciate your help

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi David,

first define an fault msg type for your interface and regerate the proxy. You can raise a exception then like:

DATA:
   wl_standard_data     TYPE   z<pre><code>_exchange_fault_data,
   wl_additional_data   TYPE   z<pre><code>_<myPreferredMsgType>,

RAISE EXCEPTION TYPE z<pre><code>_cx_exchange_fault_data
     EXPORTING
        standard = wl_standard_data
        addition = wl_additional_data.

You can use the help "pattern" button.

If you want to raise later, just switch a variable and raise later. Put the raising in a local method (easier). Of course the method stops in the moment you raise the exception.

Regards,

Udo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx for the immediate reply. I will try and and get back to you.

Thanks

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am not sure If I had understood you reply. But Would need your help to have a bit more insight to your answer. I am not completely into XI , but I am from ABAP side.

At the R/3 side , Abap Proxy object geneted has the INTERFACE and its associated METHOD, in which I am building my own abap code to do any validation on incomming data. But If I want to Raise a Exception, I understand that this Expection has to be first defined .

But do I have to define a new Z Expection class or can I just add a exception in the Proxy -Interface-method.

I have not understood this process.

All I need to do is, if I find any incomming data error , during my validation at the R/3 side, I need to stop the METHOD processing ( by any means ) and Update the Message Status flag show in SXMB_MONI to Error .

What is the trigger that i can implement in myown code that will update the Message status to Error , from R/3 perspective of using SXMB_MONI.

Thanks

David

prabhu_s2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi david

check out this....this shud clear ur doubt

<a href="/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1:///people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/11/02/fault-message-types--a-demo-part-1...keep us psoted for any queries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all the Experts who helped me to get my question aswered.

What Prabhu has mentioned has given me more insight into what others were mentioning on this question. The problem was with my level of understanding.

Appreciate all the answers .

Good Job..

David

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I suggest a workaround for your problem.....see what you want is that if your data is having some validation error - then you want your SXMB_MONI to show the msg with error flag.......so you do your validation work in your mapping itself in XI.....so if your source data is having some validation error, then your mapping will fail and in the trace of your msg, you can see why in mapping the error occured. If your data is valid, then send your data to proxy.

Hope this solves your query.

Thanks,

Rajeev Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

I'm affraid the SXMB_MONIs on your two systems are not conected and a "error flag" cannot be transfered from the second to the first one, when on the first (XI) was everything fine and the problem is on WAS.

In other words for XI's SXMB_MONI everything is fine. You need to monitor both systems.

Regards

Tomas