Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bids from subcontractor in RFx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus,

My requirement is like this:

We have a contractor to which we have outsourced all service procurement. However for the contractor to provide us services he must submit bids and we need that the bidders participate directly in the tender. In the end, the award will go to our contractor with the lowest evaluated price.

Is there someway to incorporate subcontractors(as bidders) in the tendering process.

I have thought of creating the contractor as a supplier/bidder and creating his subcontractors as contact persons. RFx, will allow multiple bids with different contact persons.

However, i do have system to test this scenario. Please advise a solution.

Thanking in advance,

A M

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to create subcontractor as a bidder as well; if contractor has several subcontractors (bidders) for one service.

Otherwise you can add subcontractor as a contact person; as contractors will bid for one service.This way contractor can submit bids with new vendors(if any) as well.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Vinay, our contractor has more than one subcontractor for a service. He must get at least 5 different quotations from 5 different bidders to be compared. In such case, can i create many contact persons/bidder for one vendor? It could be materials or services.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Please tell me if i understood correclty.

If i use "allow multiple responses per company" option in the RFx.

AND

If i maintain subcontractors as "contact persons" in the system, multiple contact persons cannot bid for one product/service category?

Regards

A M

former_member208675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First option looks good. As a bidder can submit multiple responses. Now you need to check if multiple contact persons (subcontractors) can submit bids in this case.

Otherwise I think you have to go with multiple bidders.

I hope it helps.

Regards,