Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with payment terms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The problem is related to Payment Terms which is as follows -

Payment Term is 150 DAYS FROM RECEIPT OF GOODS.

We have raised a Sales Invoice dated 17.07.2012 from Dubai & the Goods will reach to the end customer in Oman after 30 days i.e. 17.08.2012 where there is no SAP Connectivity.Now we want the system to calculate the above payment terms from the date of receipt only i.e. from 17.08.2012  But in present scenario the system hasn't given any provision to enter this Receipt date in the Sales Invoice through which system can calculate the BASE DATE for calculation  of said payment term ,

Thanks & Regards

Priyanka Mitra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to go with POD concept to achieve this requirement.  Hope you are aware of the POD functionality.  If not, search in Google.  Also you need to apply user exit or BADI to implement the requirement.  Check this thread where the same topic was discussed.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1799024

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Lakshmipathi,

First of all thanks for your suggestions.

As per the findings from Net & as far as my understanding goes the concept of POD will not be much relevant in our requirement. Here if POD is active then it will not be possible to raise invoice unless & until we get a POD confirmation from the customer. But in our case the problem is not with the delivery or creation of invoice as we want the system to calculate the payment terms from the date of receipt of goods in the sales invoice or delivery.We want the system to provide any provision to enter the receipt date in the Sales Invoice through which system can calculate the BASE DATE for calculation of above mentioned payment terms.

Please correct me if I am wrong anywhere in my understanding.Please suggest what more needs to be done to attain our requirement.

Thanks & Regards

Priyanka Mitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

If you are not using POD then to fulfill your requirment, as per my knowledge, SAP has not provided any other option for determining the Base Date as per Customer Receipt date.

you can try below options.

- Change Baseline date directly in Accounting document with FB02 T-Code. (Hope you do not have too many invoices to process on daily basis 🙂 )

- Create Z program to capture Customer Receipt date in some Customized table and update the same in Baseline date in Accounting document by program.

Regards,

Mahendra Jani.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if POD is active then it will not be possible to raise invoice unless & until we get a POD confirmation

No your understanding is wrong.  System will allow you to do billing.  See the below standard documentation says:-

The system issues a warning that the proof of delivery has not been confirmed yet, but does not prevent you from creating the billing document.

With the process you explained, I still feel, this would be a better option since you are addressing the requirement through standard

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Lakshmipathi,

Again thanks a lot for your co-operation & suggestion.

As per your above mentioned reply if I raise a sales bill, but not able to understand that where should I enter the customer receipt date in the Sales Invoice so that the system can calculate the BASE DATE for calculation of said payment term i.e. 150 DAYS FROM RECEIPT OF GOODS .

Thanks & Regards

Priyanka Mitra

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

where should I enter the customer receipt date

No need to enter.  You have to validate FKDAT from VBRK table and with the BADI / Exit suggested in the link provided by me, you have write coding in such a way that system should add 150 days from FKDAT and accordingly, post in FI.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks once again for your reply.....will try to go through the process as suggested by you.

Regards

Priyanka Mitra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Priyanka,

Just to work it out :

1. If physically you are getting any confirmation from the customer for the receipt of the goods and then the Payment Terms is calculated, it is advisable to go for POD concept.

2. If you are just calculationg the Transit time as 30days(as mentioned by you in your query) and then calculating the Payment terms, then very well you can increase your Payment Terms to 180 days (if required keep some grace period too) instead of 150 days.

Regards,

Deb