cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

License change after Homogenious system copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

On my ECC6.0 with EHP4 system windows 2003 /sql server 2005 i am perfroming system copy thorugh backup restore procedure and installing new Centarl instance .

My doubt is how to change license ,after system copy hardware key will be changed.

I am following below process after system copy completion to chnage license ,if any thing correct please correrct me.

service.sap.com........>kEYS AND REQUEST...........>LICENSE KEYS..........>SEARCH I9NSTALLATION ..........>EDIT PARTICULAR SID ..........>ENETRING NEW HARWARE NUMBER ----> AND SAVE ...>DOWNLOAD TO PC AND UPLOAD THORUGH   SLICNESE.

Is it correct procedure or not?

No change in sid and hostname and ip

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You'll need to maintain your System Data in SMP and request the license as usual.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your repply.

It means no need to apply new license ,we can go head with exsiting <sid> change option and update the hardware key and save .

Thanks

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, you do need to apply for a new license for the new hardware key and install it on your system.

Regards, Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can create another system with the same SID.It will give you some pop ups if under the same installation number. Else you can change the Hardware key but 1st approach is better.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

This things we need to inform SAP ?

SAP will charge for this activities?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

There should not be any need for you to inform SAP separately of this activity . Add another hardware key by editing your system data . Save the changes. Apply for a new license. Remove the old hardware key from system data.

Regards

Amit Padmawar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

You can connect with SAP and inform them that you have done clearly. ]

Then they will help you..

regards

priyan