cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC10.0 into existing ECC..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have (LIVE) ECC EHP5 system and wanted to integrate with GRC10.0. I have 35000+ roles LIVE in the system. I do not want to disturb these roles. As phase 1 project, i will create new roles using GRC10.0 for other small project which is kicked off.

Kindly note that, the earlier Business roles(35000+) are segregated based on module. While for new project, i want to create Process wise, it will contain cross module t-codes in one single role. It is possible that the same t-code access is present in old roles. Based on this history my questions are

1. Is it technically possible to integrate SAP GRC10.0 into ECC while utilize GRC functions only for new roles (not disturbing current setup)???
  2. What will be impact on old setup and on creation of new roles through GRC10.0?? I observed that GRC10.0 pops up alert when it finds similar access in other roles…??

Please advise...

Best Regards

Imran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

1. Yes it is possible to integrate SAP GRC10.0 into ECC with new roles only.

The only thing is to do is set the status of the role as "Production" and provisioning as "Yes" for all those new roles.

2.No it will not impact the old setup.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Silky,

One more question, will new GRC setup for new roles will able to remove SOD conflicts only within new roles ?

Best Regards

Imran

former_member205878
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

The new GRC setup will able to remove SOD conflicts for new roles.

Regards,

Silky Sharma

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

There is a way, you can exploit the old roles by simply importing them into GRC where GRACFND_A pacakge is deployed and use them, they won't be altered. You can use old and new roles at the same time.

Once they are imported and their status is PRODUCTION, and Provisinoning is set as Allowed, they can be used in GRC without re-generating via GRC and would be available for ARQ as well...
Regarding the removal of SOD conflicts, as Silky said Yes, we  can run SOD on the Roles which are in BRM. If the Roles are not imported, then they won't remove. But if you create new Roles, then  surely you can run Mass Risk Analysis on them.

You can check one SAP Note 1584613

Hope this answers your query!
Best Regards,
Shreya Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sreya Gupta

Could you please suggest this issue

We have ECC and SRM systems, We configured the GRC10 System to that

Now we built a new ECC system and import the complete data into New ECC system and Kept the old one like that only for reporting purpose and org structure.

Now how can i change the GRC box from previous ECC system to newly built ECC system

Please do the needfull

Regards

Deepak