cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration between SAP CLM & SAP ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I would like integrate between SAP CLM & SAP ECC systems,So what are the possible ways to integreate these two systems.?

Do we need to have any middleware or directly we can use proxies to send/receive data from CLM to ECC?

Regards,

Sekhar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sekhar,

SAP provides standard integration by using SAP PI as middleware between CLM and ECC. You can extract master/customizing data (we have a couple of extract reports, they are mentioned in the configuration guide) from ERP and import it into CLM. In CLM you can create Master Agreements and distribute them to ECC creating / updating Outline or Schedule Agreements.

We also provide a 3 day training for this kind of integration, there should be one end of September in US and in October in Germany, e.g. check via this link https://training.sap.com/us/en/course/tso180-sap-clm-integration-classroom-095-us-en/

You can find the "Configuration Guide for Integration SAP ERP and SAP Sourcing" at service.sap.com -> release & upgrade info -> Installation and upgrade guides -> SAP Sourcing -> select your release e.g. Wave 7 or Wave 9 and you will find the integration guide among other guides.

I have release a couple of blogs which might be beneficial as well

best regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for the reply

can you please answer to the below query

1.Can we integrate SAP ERP to SAP CML or viceversa with out SAP Process integration (PI)?

2. In Service marketplace i could see integration using SAP PI, I did not find integration with out using PI.

Please provide your inputs.

Regards,

sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP PI is mandatory for the integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

We are not having PI in our landscape, we wanted to integrate SAP CLM & ECC with out PI.

1.Kindly do let me know the possibilities where we can achieve this.

2.If we use PI what are the file formats/type of communicaitons we can establish to communicate from SAP CLM to SAP ECC?

Please provide your inputs.

Regards,

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sekhar,

as said PI is mandatory, you might use a different middleware, but than you have to create all mapping by yourself. Communication happens via XML files.

best regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Many Thanks for the reply.

I have gone through your blogs, Blog "Extracting ERP Master data for SAP Sourcing".Where you mentioned PI not required.

Can you please let confirm the below queries.

1.Do we need SAP PI for all the Messages Transformaton from SAP Sourcing to SAP ERP System.

2.Do we have any reports where we can send/receive data,because one of the note 1609987,where i can see few reports for extraction.

3.Apart from the XML, what type of other file format  SAP Sourcing can support, to send data to any PI.Because as PI is mainly understand XML.Just to understand the other possibilities/Challenges.

Kindly answer to my queries.

Thanks & Regards,

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sekhar,

the master data extraction is done without PI (for materials & vendors you can use PI if you like to have realtime updates using change pointers), but the transaction (document) integration requires PI.

In addition to note 1609987 we created another note focusing on Wave/version 9 - note 1738756. It provides a good overview of many corrections which have been done in the past months and many topics are relevant for Wave 7 as well.

SAP Sourcing/CLM can import even more data in CSV format e.g. to build some custom integrations etc.

best regards

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Now,I have got some idea based on your explanation.

But, Can you please let me confrm the below point.

1.What are the data formats that SAP CLM can send data to SAP PI? Does it supports synchronous communications?

2.As i can understand CLM can send in XML,CSV formats, So what are the other possibilities that CLM can send data to XI? does it supports Webservice Communication.

Kindly answer to my above 2 question.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

my company will use CLM and there is custom integration for LAD,BOND and ADOA from our SAP ECC6. the integration interface will use SAP NW PI. can this custom integration done using web service/SOAP communication ?

Appreciate if you can reply ASAP and share any link about this kind issue.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Firdaus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have some doubts regarding ERP - CLM wave 9 ( on premise ) integration for purchasing contracts.

After contract creation in CLM and replication to ERP :

1) It is possible to modify the contract in ERP? if yes, does the modifications back to CLM ?

2) Does the Contract Operations ( It means ordered quantity and delivered quantities ) are updated in CLM from ERP-MM?

Thank you!

Celeste

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Celeste,

all changes should be done in CLM and not ERP. So to directly answer your questions.

1) No - it is not possible, all modification should be done in CLM.

2) No - they are updated in CLM and will be replicated to ECC.

Hope this helps,

Armin

marcella_rivi
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sekhar,

Sap Sourcing has provided an integration guide that you can use to check your questions.

Regards,

Marcella Rivi

SAP Sourcing Support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rivi,

Can you Please provide the document or link where i can get the information.

Regards,

Sekhar