cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line Item Hold

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have a scenario wherein I need to place a line item on hold and it should not be considered for planning also. Can anybody please let me know how to acheive this.

Thanks and Regards

Adithya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear T W,

I've a doubt regarding the thread which u've provided. If we use the reason for rejection, we cannot process that line item at later stage right?? In this scenario, the item is supposed to put on hold only for some time...

regards

Krishna..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can remove the Rea for Rej as and when you want and from then on the system would start considering for planning.

Regards

Chakradhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys for your valuable suggestions. I will go with the idea of "Reason of rejection". This should work as I just want to help the ABAPer to right a select query based on the "flag" for the line item.

Regards

Adithya

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Krishna,

Members have already answered your question (On hold requirement can be met by Reason for Rejection), I would suggest that you test this.

By testing your questions would be further clarified and the learning would last "longer".

Check especially

- the "allocation and deallocation of material with and by removing the reason for rejection

- at header and item level in the sales order the reason for rejection can be applied

- where exactly a reason for rejection can be configured

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

considered for planning also

What Planning ??  Production Planning ??  If so, you have to post this query in PP forum.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lakshmipathi

The scenario is, say for example, we have three line items. We need to upload images at each line item.  Customer has provided images for the first two line items and the third line item image has not yet been given and we need to place this line item on hold for production but the first line item needs to go for production, so is there any option in SD module to place a line item on hold.  I just need to know if a line item can be placed on hold.

Regards

Adithya

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes two options are there.

One is you dont extend MRP views for that material.  If it has already been extended, then the other option is in MRP1 view of that material master, maintain ND for the field "MRP Type".

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right, but manually every time the user will not go to MRP1 view and change the MRP type.  This has to happen automatically.

Regards

Adithya

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

wherein I need to place a line item on hold 

In your original post, you have indicated that the material should place on hold for which, the ideal solution would be having the master data value what I suggested.

every time the user will not go to MRP1
This has to happen automatically.

If user is not ready to do this change in material master and your expectation is it should happen automatically, please let me know on what logic you expect the automation in SAP ??  The last option which comes to my mind is go for zee table where you can have various fields like

a)  Material Code
b)  Customer Code
c)  Valid upto

and with the relevant user exit, you can validate the above zee table and populate the requirement accordingly such that (c) field value should not be less than system date.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As advise of TW You can use reason of Rejection and when it is ready to process that time remove the Resone of Rejection.

details about reason of rejection- http://www.sapkt.com/index.php/sale/260-reason-for-rejection

Regards

Arun