SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define derivation rule for budget period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FM expert.

Now I am using budget period to control month budget. I have activate budget period. But I don't konw how to define derivation rule for budget period. Would you please tell me? I want to use post date to deviate budeget period.

Thank you

Sam.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to use budget period object as month/period, you can derive Budget period objects based on posting date. For example:

Source objects are: FM Area, Company code, From Posting date To Posting Date

Target objects: Budget Period.

Hope this will to understand...

Regards

Rao

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you want to use budget period object as month/period, you can derive Budget period objects based on posting date. For example:

Source objects are: FM Area, Company code, From Posting date To Posting Date

Target objects: Budget Period.

Hope this will to understand...

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

Hi Rao

Thank you very much for your reply.

Do you means that I need to use Derivation Rule from field 'POSTING_DATE' to 'POSTING_DATE' with the  T-CODE FMDERIVE. After that what shoule I set the posting date in the T-CODE FMDERIVER. Would you please tell me , Thank you very much.

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi Sam

Yes correct, I am giving some example here;

Source fields:                                                                                                 Target

FM area     Company Code      From Posting date To Posting date                     Budget Period

xxxx             xxxxx                  01.07.2012              31.07.2012              =           BP April

If the document falls above posting date then system would derive BP April. Like that you can maintain remaining periods.

Hope now u r clear.

Regards

Rao

0 Kudos

It's much more useful to develop a simple code, which will derive a month from posting date and store it in budget period. Otherwise, you'll have to maintain rules for every year and month: not very efficient.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli

I have not done it before. Would you please tell me how to develop a simple code? Or where should I develop a simple code, I have searched the related documents, But I didn't found it. Thank you.

Sam

0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to define a rule of type 'enhancement'. It will take you to ABAP screen. Ask a help from your ABAPer to derive month from posting date and put it in budget period field.

Regards,

Eli