cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Folder in SAP Menu displays a script icon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

One of our FI user has a issue where the folder icon in his SAP Menu in login screen is displayed as some script icon.

Attached is the screenshot for the same.

As per my analysis is it because of some user personal settings ?? But not sure how to set it normal.

Any suggestions on this will be highly appreciated.

Cheers !

Shobhit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it just one particular user?... have you tried updating the GUI?, does that happen if he uses any other PC?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Yes its particularly that user, he has lastest GUI 7.20, this issue is occuring to him but not to me when we are using same GUI version.

He is using the same PC.

Also, he has SAP_ALL.

Cheers !

Shobhit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

He is using the same PC

Did not get that. The point is that if he logs on in a different PC and have the same issue then you can discard the GUI and focus on the User Master Data.

In anycase, If its possible can you create a new user as a copy of his user and see if the problem persist?...

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

I asked user to reinstall SAPGui and its still the same.

If he tries from another machine , it works fine , but from his laptop its a problem.

What could be the potential way to troubleshoot this ?

Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the patch level level same on both the installations? If not update the latest patch on to the PC where you have problems.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

Patch level is same, but I am still asking him to update the GUI.

Will post about the results.

Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamshi,

Updated it to latest level, but its still the same.

Suggestions please how to fix this.

This is making me go mad, and those script icons are not expanding for the user.

Regards,

Shobhit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No idea why this could posibly be happening. I would try to uninstall the GUI and remove any folders/files left behind after reinstall. Also check that any SAP entry in the registry is removed and try to install it again.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Juan,

Thanks for your reply, please suggest what folders shall I delete after uninstallling Gui, User is on Windows 7.

Also please guide which registry entries need to be removed.

Regards,

Shobhit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shobhit,

try this , after uninstalling the sap gui set up, also remove its entries from C:\Program Files\SAP, completely delete  this  SAP folder, after restarting the machine, freshly install the SAP gui,

hope this will resolve the issues.

Regards

Bishwanath kanjilal