cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDS Not starting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have installed below BB Simulator software on the same SAP BI 4.0 SP2 Platform server.

1. BlackBerry Simulator_7.1.0.130_9860

2. BlackBerry_Email_MDS_4.1.2.17

Tomcat uses 8080 port ,so changed the port of WebServer.listen.port=8081 in rimpublic.property file for MDS and EDS and set the System variables like below,still MDS is not starting.

JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\jdk

Path=C:\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_2\bin;C:\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1;C:\Program Files\HP\NCU;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\PROGRA~2\IBM\CLIENT~1;C:\PROGRA~2\IBM\CLIENT~1\Shared;C:\PROGRA~2\IBM\CLIENT~1\Emulator;C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

CLASSPATH=%JAVA_HOME%/lib;%JAVA_HOME%/lib/tools.jar

Server is WIndows Server 2008 R2 Standard

Can you please help us ?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

the java path should be from the java/jdk 1.5.22 which you might have installed before installing MDS

The java would not be in business objects path

regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Thank you for your reply. Changed system varaiables like below. Still MDS is not started

JAVA_HOME = C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_30

Path = C:\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_2\bin;C:\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1;C:\Program Files\HP\NCU;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem;%SYSTEMROOT%\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\PROGRA~2\IBM\CLIENT~1;C:\PROGRA~2\IBM\CLIENT~1\Shared;C:\PROGRA~2\IBM\CLIENT~1\Emulator;C:\Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

check the run.bat file under MDS install directory

open it with notepad and check if the java_home path is mentioned

also, in the PATH i can see %JAVA-HOME% have you added this?

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Yes.I have added ;%JAVA_HOME%\bin  at the end of the path.

Below is the content of rut.bat from MDS directory and it has java_home

@echo off

call setBMDSEnv

if ["%JAVA_HOME%"] == [""] goto noJavaHomeSet

start cmd /v:on /c "%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -classpath !BMDS_CLASSPATH!;!BMDS_CLASSPATH2! -Xmx512M -DKeystore.Password=password net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IPProxyServiceApplication -log.console.dump

goto end

:noJavaHomeSet

start cmd /v:on /c java -classpath !BMDS_CLASSPATH!;!BMDS_CLASSPATH2! -Xmx512M -DKeystore.Password=password net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IPProxyServiceApplication -log.console.dump

goto end

:end

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you remove the \bin or the %java_home% from the path that you added and check the issue

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

Removed ;%JAVA_HOME\bin that I have added. Still MDS is not starting.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re install MDS

add java_home and check

Regards,

Atul B

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Atul

I have reinstalled BlackBerry_Email_MDS_4.1.2.17  and added C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_30  in JAVA_HOME.

Still MDS command prompt screen flashes and closing immediately

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Issue is with MDS,  or compatiblity with the software to run on your machine. Can you check with any other machine?

did you check any BB forums for the same.

Also, change /c to /k and check what error do you get.

change /c in the run.bat file

Regards,

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

I have changed to /k from /c.  the error mesages are

java.io.FileNotFoundException: initialization.log (Access is denied)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.open(Native Method)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:194)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:84)
        at net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.InitializationLog.<init>(Unknown S
ource)
        at net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.InitializationLog.getInstance(Unkn
own Source)
        at net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IPProxyServiceApplication.initiali
ze(Unknown Source)
        at net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IPProxyServiceApplication.<init>(U
nknown Source)
        at net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IPProxyServiceApplication.main(Unk
nown Source)
<2012-07-17 13:58:57.866 BST>:[0]:<MDS>:<ERROR>:<LAYER = SCM, EVENT = Exception,
net.rim.ippp.a.b.aF.aG.Z.ln: java.io.IOException: \logs directory could not be
created!
LAYER = SCM, EVENT = Exception,         at net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IP
ProxyServiceApplication.initialize(Unknown Source)
LAYER = SCM, EVENT = Exception,         at net.rim.application.ipproxyservice.IP
ProxyServiceApplication.<init>(Unknown Source)
ProxyServiceApplication.main(Unknown Source)
<2012-07-17 13:58:57.866 BST>:[0]:<MDS>:<ERROR>:<net.rim.ippp.a.b.aF.aG.Z.ln: ja
va.io.IOException: \logs directory could not be created!>
<2012-07-17 13:58:57.866 BST>:[0]:<MDS>:<ERROR>:<at net.rim.application.ipproxys
ervice.IPProxyServiceApplication.initialize(Unknown Source)>
<2012-07-17 13:58:57.866 BST>:[0]:<MDS>:<ERROR>:<at net.rim.application.ipproxys
ervice.IPProxyServiceApplication.<init>(Unknown Source)>
ervice.IPProxyServiceApplication.main(Unknown Source)>

I have tried in Blackberry forums as well, no inputs

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

set permission on your  C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\
folder to allow full access to all users

Regards

Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul

I changed permission also I have changed the WebServer.listen.port to 8081  in rimpublic.property file in MDS and ESS location.

Awesome. You guided accurately.

Much Appreciated

Thank you.

Answers (0)