cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to debug WebDynpro code from FPM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I am implementing a roadmap design using GAF FPM.

Even if I put external break point in my webDynpro code still I can't debug it when run it through FPM.

Thanks

Sam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

J_R
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I can confirm that the FPM uses standard WD ABAP. Debugging can be performed as for any other WD application. Please ensure that you have set the break-point for the correct user on the same application server on which you run the application and that the session break-point is active immediately. Those settings can be done in SE80 under 'Utilities -> Settings -> ABAP Editor -> Debugging'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

If you put a breakpoint in a Web Dynpro Component, and the same component is being used in the FPM, then the breakpoint has to trigger provided that piece of code is being executed.

There is no special way of triggering break point in WD component from FPM application.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khushboo,

Thanks for the reply.

I did put a break-point in the wddoinit method of the view.

it means the method is not called when I click on the roadmap element of a specific view in FPM..?!

is that wddoinit method can't be triggered from FPM..?

Thanks

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

WDDOINIT method can be triggered. Try putting Breakpoint in WDDOINIT of 'Component Controller'. Also, make sure its the same component that u have included in the FPM application.

If the break point does not trigger, try creating a simple sample report and put break point and check if it getting triggered.

If the break point still does not trigger, then please talk to BASIS people. There is something wrong with the system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

My code is in the specific view, which calculate total for summary page.

if the FPM doesn't behave the way normal webDynpro application.. I need to rethink of using FPM..!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh it works exactly the same way. And FPM is way Better to work with.

The break point actually triggers anywhere you put it.

But I am not sure why is it not triggering for you.