cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling EBCDIC double byte files in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

I have a requirement that EBCDIC double byte file is coming from Legacy system and same is going back.

The flow is like this

Legacy system (Mainframe system) --> SAP PI-->SAP ECC

Can we achieve this using file adapter.Please suggest?

Thanks

Anku

monicabhosale
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

We have similar requirement .currently client using local systems to do the conversions. does the adapter module help to back to back conversion of

EBCDIC format file <--->SJIS format(double byte)?

Thank you..!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

in file adapter specify encoding - CP037

then you need to write an adapter module to change it from EBCDIC to ASCII (or you can do it in the java mapping itself)

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in file adapter specify encoding - CP037

then you need to write an adapter module to change it from EBCDIC to ASCII (or you can do it in the java mapping itself)

CP037 is not double byte. There are a lot of diffrent EBCDIC code pages.

Instead of guessing, always ask the team members/project lead/basis people for correct code page.

Someone should know it 😉

Apply the correct codepage to file adapter and make sure that same code page is installed on PI server.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Apply the correct codepage to file adapter and make sure that same code page is installed on PI server.

I agree CP037 is not double byte. Why do you recommend to install code page in PI rather than handling via java mapping? Please advice.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree CP037 is not double byte. Why do you recommend to install code page in PI rather than handling via java mapping? Please advice.

You need to have code page anyway, if you use Java mapping or built-in functions of file adapter.

But most current code pages are available per default, so I said: Make sure.

A code page transformation will be done by file adapter, when you assign the correct code page to file adapter channel. There is no need for any additional handling.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

>But most current code pages are available per default, so I said: Make sure.There is no need for any additional handling.

Thanks for your updates. Lately we miss your action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello stefan,

Thanks for your inputs on this.

Now the requirement of the client is like below:(previously it was not clear)

Mainframe system<--->EBCDIC format file <--->SJIS format(double byte)<-->SAP PI<-->SAP ECC

Now my questions are :

1)How i will convert EBCDIC format file to SJIS format(double byte) and then how PI will pick the file/

How to achive this above requirement??

Please advise?

Thanks for you help on this

Anku

anupam_ghosh2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anku,

you have to pick up the EBCDIC format file and use an adpater module or java mapping to convert it internally to SJIS format. You need to understand how these two file formats are related to ASCII. I do not think you have a readymade solution available to do the conversion, thus you need to device java based solution to solve the problem.

Regards

Anupam