cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SNP horizon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I was going through the APO document for Supply Network Planning in which i found out a statement which is as follows:

If the production horizon of SNP is smaller than the PP/DS horizon, the planning

horizons of SNP and PP/DS overlap with each other. In this horizon, SNP

determines the receipts with the most cost-effective sources of supply and lot

sizes and PP/DS plans the receipts generated by SNP in more detail. You define

planning horizons on the SNP2 tab page of the product location master record.

Within the extended SNP production horizon it is only possible to create planned

orders manually. The SNP production horizon can be shifted periodically.

which was a bit confusing and failed to deduce the meaning out of it.

So can anyone help me to find what does this actually means????

Regards

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

claire_yang
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashok,

Above document explains the overlap between SNP horizon and PPDS horizon,and within the overlap time, SNP orders can be converted to PPDS orders. 

Here is an simple example. In /SAPAPO/MAT1, SNP2 tab, you define SNP production horizon:

In PPDS tab, you define PPDS horizon:

In product view, you can see the 2 horizons have overlap:

That is, the overlap is from 26.07.2012  to 14.10.2012. When an SNP planned order falls in this overlaped time, it can be converted to PPDS order. SNP does medium-term planning. PPDS does short term planning. After conversion, PPDS can give more detailed planning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claire,

Thanks for the reply which cleared the first part related to my query. there are two points which still unclear, which are:

1. What does this statement means : "Within the extended SNP production horizon it is only possible to create planned orders manually. The SNP production horizon can be shifted periodically."

2.What if SNP production horizon is greater than PP/DS horizon????

Based on your above reply i want to ask that, if say SNP production is 3 days which is upto 19.07.2012 based on todays date and PP/DS horizon is 40 days which is 25.08.2012, then does this means that if there are SNP planned orders can't be converted to PP/DS orders????

Regards

Ashok

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

1.If you use extended production horizon, then in the planning book, you can created planned orders manually in this horizon by inputting data directly in the key figure 'Production (planned)'. The extended production horizon is marked as gray, while production horizon is marked as light green in the planning book. You'll see it easily. Automatic planning run (like snp heuristic) will not create any order in the green and gray horizon. You cannot create order manually in green horizon, but you can do that in gray horizon.

2.It means you have horizons that will not be convered by SNP or PPDS.

Based on your above reply i want to ask that, if say SNP production is 3 days which is upto 19.07.2012 based on todays date and PP/DS horizon is 40 days which is 25.08.2012, then does this means that if there are SNP planned orders can't be converted to PP/DS orders????

This is a case that SNP and PPDS horizons overlap. As Claire replied, the overlapping horizon will be covered both by SNP and PPDS. If you have SNP production horizon as 40 days while PPDS production horizon as 3 days, then there is a horizon which will be covered neither by SNP nor PPDS. But this does not mean the SNP orders cannot be coverted to PPDS orders - as days passing by, when snp orders falls into ppds horizon, they'll get converted. Or you want to operate them manually.

Best Regards,

Ada

Answers (0)