cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in reading file from shared drive via shared memory

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

we are working on MII 12.1 Build99. recently we have faced one issue. while executing transaction we are getting below mentioned error,

[ERROR] [CSV_Image_Loader]Loader: [\\xyz\xyz\xyz\xyz.txt] :\\xyz\xyz\xyz\xyz.txt(Access is denied)

[ERROR] [Send_Mail_For_File_Creation]Unable to send email, 503 5.5.2 Need rcpt command

but i am able to ping \\xyz\xyz\xyz\xyz.txt path file everything from OS level.

Where as,

if you use the GET_FILE_LIST and pass the shared memory variable, the same is working fine and the XML provides all the details of the folder and file.

This is happening with production and one quality system.  In development its working fine.

please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks in advanced

Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

patelyogesh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In order to access share directory once you configure your directory to access through SAP you will still not able to access it throu it till....

You turn off SAP instance AND resrtart your SAP services on server OR (Restart entire SAP server)

SAP system is accessing share directory through <sid>adm and SAPService<SID> till you resrtart service or server it will not able to read share...

Cheers,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to ask you network administrator to create the Netweaver Service User in the Remote Server with the same password that you have in the MII Server.

After the admin creates the user, its necessary to add the proper permissons for that user to your Network Share.

Once this is done, restart your Netweaver service and try to access the Network Share again.

Regards,

Guilherme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you guys for your quick response. I will definitely try this today, will let you know.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Mahesh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would also ask which version of MII you are working on?  You provided a build, but not the installed SP which would be quite helpful in determining how many updates have been released past your SP.

Regards, Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi  Michael,

We are working on MII 12.1 SP5.

One question, can i use SIDadm user id for SAPSID_00 service as log ON instead of SAPserviceSID?

Currently SAPSID_00 service running using local system account.

@Jasper:- Only this service is running with local system account, rest of the service is running using SAPserviceSID.

Please suggest. Thanks in advanced.

Regards,

Mahesh

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

The log on ID is a question for your NW administrator (Basis) person.  I don't see why not, but there may be some other considerations.

Regards, Mike

former_member196557
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are the NW user accounts local or Domain User accounts? 

Which OS is MII/NW running on?

Which OS is the remote share running?

One thing you can try *temporarily* is to add Everyone - Full Access to the remote share and the directory pointed to by the share.  If you can access it with that security level, then there is definitely a permissions issue with the SIDadm or SAPServiceSID users.

Regards, Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since it's only happening in some server settings make sure the system users running MII on those servers have access to the Share. If you are running pre windows server 2008 remember that you have to grant access at the network level (The network share) and the filesystem level (Actual folder permissions).

Remember when your testing your transations in the workbench they aren't being executed as you. The request is sent to the MII server and executed in the context of the MII server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jasper,

Thanks for your reply. This problem we are facing only for one server. rest of the server are able write file on same location, perhaps we have given same access to SIDadm & SAPserviceSID on shared drive and specific folders. but still facing same issue.

we are able to ping that path from server and manually we can write file on that shared drive path, using SIDadm login on server. but from MII workbench it simply shows access denied error when we(including all developers with their own ids) trying to write file using file write action block.

We all are confused why this is happening???

Please help me. since last 8 days i trying to resolve this issue. i think this issue is with SAP services running on server if i am not wrong.  SAPSID_00 service running by local account, where as SAPSID_01 service running by SAPserviceSID. I think, if I replace log on as for SAPSID_00 service with SAPservicSID, this might resolve this issue.

Do correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

That sounds like it could be the issue because the local account won't have network access. Also check your other working mii instances and see if they are configured this way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

On you or SAP MII server you have a user that is responsible for SAP services.

Make sure the same user has permissions set on \\xyz

Regards,

Guilherme

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Portela,

we have given all access to SIDadm to that shared drive, but still getting same error. where as we are able to write file on local drives of server, but not able to write file on shared drive. We are able to ping local drives fronm server. I cant understand is that part of network issue, or development issue, or may be sap MII related issue.? please help me. since long time, i am serching solution for this.

regards,

Mahesh