cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI Portal Application DC build error due to sap.com/tc/bi/bp/portalapplication

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue is very similar to http://scn.sap.com/thread/1891162 but the solution mentioned here is not working for me.

We've created a NWDI track for custom development of some web dynpro java and portal applications. In SLD, we've added following Build Time dependencies to the software component.

- CAF EU 7.01

- DI BUILD TOOL 7.01

- EP BUILD TOOL 7.01

- SAP CAF 7.01

- SAP CAF-KM 7.01

- SAP J2EE ENGINE 7.01

- SAP JAVA TECH SERVICES 7.01

Then created the track, checked-in and imported the following SCAs. All these SCAs are 7.01 SP8 (same as our portal server SP level).

- sap.com_BI_MMR

- sap.com_BI_UDI

- sap.com_CAF

- sap.com_CAF-KM

- sap.com_EP_BUILDT

- sap.com_SAP-EU

- sap.com_SAP-JEE

- sap.com_SAP_BUILDT

- sap.com_SAP_JTECHS

Import is successful and I can see all the required DCs in 'Active DCs' tab of Development Configurations perspective from NWDS. There are no broken DCs in CBS.

I created a DC of type "Portal Application Standalone" and I'm getting below error while building this DC.

DC Model check:

All used DCs are available locally

ERROR: Check for used DCs failed: Illegal component usage: compartment "xxx.com_TEST_SC_1" does not use compartment "sap.com_EP_BUILDT_1" of used DC "sap.com/tc/bi/bp/portalapplication"; using DC: xxx.com/test/portapp(xxx.com_TEST_SC_1).

Build failed with errors.

I created similar DC as a local DC and it works fine. sap.com/tc/bi/bp/portalapplication is actually not part of the Used DCs. It is listed as build-plugin in .dcdef file. I tried to add this as a used DC but it is not allowing me to add with the same above reason. Even in local DC it is not allowing me to add as a used DC but the build and deployment works fine and also it is working perfectly when deployed on portal. To conclude, it is working absolutely fine in local development.

All other web dynpro DCs in the track are working fine and we already moved them to QA environment. So there is nothing wrong with NWDI setup.

What am I missing here? Do we need to add any more dependencies in SLD? I found several similar posts on SCN and didn't find an answer that worked for me. There is an old SAP note "Note 993531 - Over-restrictive Access Control List in EP_BUILDT" but it may not be an issue as we are using 7.01 SP8.

Appreciate any kind of help/pointer to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dao_ha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Can you try to re-Update CMS (Domain Data) and re-Synchronize SC Dependencies (Track Data) in Landscape Configurator?

Hope it helps.

Dao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dao. I tried re-import and update CMS but it didn't work.  It is good now after re-synchronizing SC dependencies.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check once again by importing EP_BUILDT as error log mentioning some issue with sap.com/tc/bi/bp/portalapplication part of EP_BUILDT. Check the compartments in CBS also once to understand the actual status.