Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Messages not seen in Communication Channel monitoring

former_member6134
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am firing an abap report through RFC adapter to a oracle database through JDBC Adapter. I am able to see the success message in MONI, but I am not able to see anything in the communication channel monitoring. When I check in the Communication Channel monitoring I am able to see the channel is green colour, but it show the old messages only. I am not aware where are the messages going ? Are they stuck somewhere in the Adapter Engine? How do I overcome such case? Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Regards

Suk4023

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you check in RWB "message monitoring" (adapter engine) ?

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member6134
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your reply.I have checked in RWB message monitoring ie Messages from Component Adapter Engine, it show the status as "To be Delivered". All the messages are stuck in the same status and they are not shown in the communication channel monitoring. How do I overcome this?

Thanks

Regards

Suk4023

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>"To be Delivered".

that means that there is an error somewhere at the beginning in most cases (probably the channel is not working) I'd suggest to  remove the channel/ create it from scratch again and assign to the scenario and search for the messages in errors and try to restart them,

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

former_member6134
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michal Krawczyk ,

Did exactly what you had suggested ie created a new communication channel and configured the Receiver Determination, Interface determination, the sender and receiver agreements and tested the scenario by firing thje rfc. Again I am getting the same status ie To be delivered in mEssage m,onitoring in RWB. But in MONI it is showing sucessful and the channel is also showing the green status. What do I do now. Pls suggest...

Thanks

Regards

Suk4023

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this,

Check in the SMQ1 and Smq2.If messages are struck in queues.

Register the queues.

Go to SXMB_ADM->Manage queues->Register Queues->Activate Queues.

Then automatically messages are sent successfully.

If there are no messages in SMQ1and SMQ2 , try as below

RWB->comp-monirotingg->adapterengine->engine-status

There you can see if all workerthreads of the File-receiver-queue are blocked.

RWB->comp-monirotingg->adapterengine->Comm channel Monitoring

Ensure that your FILE RECEIVER channels are in 'MANUAL' mode instead of 'AUTOMATIC' mode.

If they are in 'Automatic' mode then change them to 'Manual' and then re-send your msgs which are in 'ToBeDelivered' status...

Thanks

Sai

former_member6134
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

Thanks for your reply. I did tried things as suggested by you. Following are the observations.

1) There are no queues displayed in SMQ1 and SMQ2.

2) In RWB->comp-monirotingg->adapterengine->engine-status I can see the working thread and count reflecting the number of times I had fired the job.

3) I did change the receiver JDBC Adapter in the Manual Mode and then fired the job. Still The status is same ie " To be delivered"

Is it that I need to restart the server all over again asking Basis to do the needful? Will this help or any other clue???

Pls suggest.

Thanks

Regards

Suk4023

santosh_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through this

http://scn.sap.com/thread/2138694

Try the below points as mentioned by

1. Unchecked the "Maintain Order at Runtime" in the Interface Determination (no need for EOIO QoS).

2. Cancelled all the messages hanging in the Message Monitoring.

3. Restarted the Java stack of PI to cancel the messages that were "Delivering".

I hope this will solve your problem.

Thanks

Sai

Answers (0)