cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to de-install SAP GUI 7.20 Patch Level 9?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a computer which had SAP GUI 7.20 Patch Level 9 Hotfix 2. SAP GUI was de-installed and installed again.

But now it's no longer possible to install the Patch.

SAP GUI works with Patch Level 4, but I need Patch Level 9.

What can I do to tell the computer that Patch Level 9 is not installed and that it should install it?

Is there a folder I can delete manually or something in the registry I need to change?

Thanks in advance,

Thimo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thimo,

1. To forcefully de-install the SAP GUI:

a. Uninstall the SAP GUI.

b. Go to  the SAP GUI installation folder Generally C:\Prog Files\SAP\frontend\sapgui...

delete manuallay all the files in there.

c. Then there comes sweep.exe to remove it from the registry also, but it is not required since

when you install it again registry is updated again.

d. Then install the compilation CD which is prior to SAP GUI patch level 9.

Hope this helps.

regards,

-Harsha

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

There is no sapsweep program since 6.20 GUI.

When the gui is uninstalled.Try a freeware program called ccleaner and run this.

The program has a registry cleaner that can remove old entries.

WARNING!! Back up the registry before making any changes.

Regards,

Jude

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Thimo,

How did you remove sapgui. Did  you run from the command line or from add/remove programs?

Try nwsapsetup /uninstall /all /nodlg in the run menu,then reboot the PC then try installing

SAPGUI again.

Ensure that the folder SAP in the programfiles has been deleted before reinstalling again.

Jude

yuki_wang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Thimo,

Can I ask what error you saw when trying to install patch 9?

Best regards,

Yuki

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

have you tried to uninstall the GUI, reboot, and then installing the GUI angain? Which error occurs when trying to install patchlevel 9? Have you tried to install patchlevel 12 so far?

Kind regards,

Jann