cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FSL-01001 Unable to check existence of account NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST. The endpoint format is invalid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to installing the Netweaver Workstation 7.30 (NWDW), but unfortunately I am running int big issues and I cannot figure out why.

Initial i have tried to install everything on a Windows XP professional x86 32Bit machine (german version), but I had the same issues and saw some comments, that I have to switch my system language to English. That's why I bought a Windows 7 Ultimate version to setup a completely fresh installation based on a x64 Machine. In both cases I am using Parallels 6 to squeeze everything into a virtual machine.

Installing OS

1) System 4GB Memory, i7 2860QM CPU and 64GB Hard Disk (Parallels Virtual Machine Instance!)

2) Installed Windows 7 Ultimate (German) and from now on I am logged in as the Administrator

3) Switch the system language to English using the MUI (Multilingual User Interface Feature)

4) Installed JDK 1.6 for x64 (jdk-6u33-windows-x64.exe)

5) Downloaded jce_policy-6.zip and dropped it into  C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_33

Installing SAP NWDW (Step by Step)

A) Downloaded following files

- NW 7.3 Developer Workplace MaxDB Windows Server x64 64bit  (51042312_16)

- NW 7.0 Presentation - MaxDB Release 7.8.02.26 (50113858_5)

- NW 7.3 Java 1/6 to 6/6 - All 6 packages (51043284)

B) I did run the sapinst.exe within (....\51042312_16\DATA_UNITS\NW730_WPL_IM_WIN_X86_64_ADA)

- Selected Install "Typical Sever Installation"

- Selected Usage Type "Application Server Java (BASIC)" and "NW Product Description (NW Model)" as initial selected

- Unselected the "FQDN for SAP System" feature as I am not having a domain

- MaxDB 7.8 is used (...\50113858_5\NW_7.0_Presentation_\MAXDB_78\MAXDB_WINDOWS_X86_64)

- Java Packages (...\51043284\DATA_UNITS\JAVA_J2EE_OSINDEP_UT)

C) Prerequisites Checker Results:

- I get a warning message, that only Windows 2008 (Version 6.0 or 6.1) is supported and that I am having currently 6.1 SP 0.0 product type "Workstation"

=> However, I have seen on "http://www.scribd.com/doc/92276188/SAP-NetWeaver-7-3-Product-Availability-Matrix-PAM" that the SAP NetWeaver CE 7.30 Workstation environment does support Windows 7 as 64Bit using MaxDB.

- I get also a warning message, that the well known user groups have not been found "everyone, users, guests, power users", but that the system has found the corresponding groups named in german "Hauptbenutzer, Gäste, Jeder, Benutzer".

=> In the corresponding SAP note they told me, that I can use the MUI feature to switch the language  to english... which I did in first place already... so i think I can ignore it for

D) I ignored the messages as described and continued the installation using the "Use Java Database" as UME Datasource

E) I tried to enable the "Prepare SSL Activation" by selection the correct SAPCRYPTO.SCA file for x64 64 Bit, but I disabled it as I always ended up in following error message

"Archive ....SAPCRYPTOLIB_34-20008824 is not a valid SAPCRYPTO.CAR archive for architecture NTAMD64. SOLUTION: Enter the path to a correct archive file."

I tried it with several different other versions, but always the same. The type NTAMD64 is confusing me, because it should be a intel CPU

F) After confirming all inputs, I am getting following error message during the installation and I am unable to continue from now completey

"

Modifying the USER NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST failed. SOLUTION: Modify the account manually and choose OK to continue. If you choose Cancel, the installation will be aborted. The detailed error message is as follows:

ind-rel.ind-os.ind-db.j2ee-eng.emptyPassword:

Password for user 'NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST' is empty.

"

Unfortunately, this is a error message with does not make much sense. I unable to see the "NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST" ( the english name is probably "NTAUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE") within the User Administration of the OS (it exits nevertheless as the system tells me, that such user exits if I use the same name). I have not found any place, where I could access such user to set a password... but I assume this is anyway not supposed to be happen.

I have looked into the "sapinst.log" file, but I just found following interesting entries in the end

... "

INFO 2012-07-17 01:19:27.231

Working directory changed to C:/Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW73/INSTALL/SERVER.

INFO 2012-07-17 01:19:27.543

Execute step createAccounts of component |NW_Java_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_Users_Create_Do|ind|ind|ind|ind|users|0

INFO 2012-07-17 01:19:30.168

Nothing to do. User privileges are an empty string.

INFO[E] 2012-07-17 01:19:39.137

FSL-01001  Unable to check existence of account NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST. The endpoint format is invalid.

ERROR 2012-07-17 01:19:39.137

CJS-20007  Password for user 'NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST' is empty." ....

The log file sapinst_dev.log seams to give some more details

.... "

TRACE      2012-07-17 01:19:30.200

NW.useCurrentUser()

NW.useCurrentUser() done: true

t_NW_accounts.updateRow({

sid:JD1

role:SDBOP

type:GROUP

systems:os

id:S-1-5-21-2468831480-2258528830-4205962027-1001

name:ecoW7nw730\SDB Operators

comment:MaxDB Administration Group

home:

shell:

groups:

privileges:

exists:true

client:

host:undefined

instancenumber:undefined

chownHomeDir:true

locked:false

password:XXXXXX

}, WHERE sid='JD1' AND role='SDBOP'), updating

NWUsers._writeAccountDataToKeydb() done

NWUsers.createAccounts(): creating usersWithID

NWUsers.createAccounts(): creating usersWithoutID

NWUsers.createAccounts(): creating NWUsers.roles.SAPSeSID: USER NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST

TRACE      2012-07-17 01:19:33.543 [syxxcniwrapper.cpp:260]

NI::niHostIsLocal(NT-AUTORITÄT) lib=syslib module=syslib

Could not resolve host name NT-AUTORITÄT to an IP address. I will assume that its not a name of the local host and return false.

TRACE      2012-07-17 01:19:33.543 [synxc_adsi_account.cpp:292]

CSyADsPath::fromString(NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST)

lib=syslib module=syslib

Account NT-AUTORITÄT/LOKALER DIENST has ADS path 'WinNT://NT-AUTORITÄT/LOKALER DIENST'

INFO[E]    2012-07-17 01:19:39.137 [synxcuser.cpp:2166]

CSyUserImpl::isExistingOnOS() lib=syslib module=syslib

FSL-01001  Unable to check existence of account NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST. The endpoint format is invalid.

TRACE      2012-07-17 01:19:39.137 [synxcuser.cpp:279]

CSyUserImpl::isExistingOnOS() lib=syslib module=syslib

Exception thrown near line 2169 in file synxcuser.cpp

Stack trace:

iaxxejsctl.cpp: 146: EJS_ControllerImpl::executeScript()

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\ejs\iaxxejsbas.hpp: 461: EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

iaxxejsexp.cpp: 178: EJS_Installer::invokeModuleCall()

iaxxbaccount.cpp: 56: CIaOsAccount::isExisting_impl()

synxcaccmg.cpp: 107: bool CSyAccountMgtImpl::isExisting(ISyAccountMgt::eAccountType accountType, iastring sNameOrSID)

synxcaccmg.cpp: 81: PSyAccountInt CSyAccountMgtImpl::getAccount(ISyAccountMgt::eAccountType accountType, iastring sNameOrSID)

synxcaccmg.cpp: 126: PSyUserInt CSyAccountMgtImpl::getUser(iastring sNameOrSID) const

syxxccache.cpp: 284: CSyAccountCache::getUserImpl(name="NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST", sid="", create=false)

syxxccache.cpp: 293: CSyAccountCache::getUserImpl(name="NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST", sid="", create=false, ISyProgressObserver* )

synxcuser.cpp: 134: CSyUserImpl::CSyUserImpl(PSyUserDataInt, bool)

synxcuser.cpp: 2079: CSyUserImpl::isExistingOnOS()

At line 2169 file synxcuser.cpp

Call stack:

iaxxejsctl.cpp: 146: EJS_ControllerImpl::executeScript()

d:\depot\bas\720_rel\bc_720-2_rel\gen\optu\ntamd64\ins\sapinst\impl\src\ejs\iaxxejsbas.hpp: 461: EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

iaxxejsexp.cpp: 178: EJS_Installer::invokeModuleCall()

iaxxbaccount.cpp: 56: CIaOsAccount::isExisting_impl()

synxcaccmg.cpp: 107: bool CSyAccountMgtImpl::isExisting(ISyAccountMgt::eAccountType accountType, iastring sNameOrSID)

synxcaccmg.cpp: 81: PSyAccountInt CSyAccountMgtImpl::getAccount(ISyAccountMgt::eAccountType accountType, iastring sNameOrSID)

synxcaccmg.cpp: 126: PSyUserInt CSyAccountMgtImpl::getUser(iastring sNameOrSID) const

syxxccache.cpp: 284: CSyAccountCache::getUserImpl(name="NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST", sid="", create=false)

syxxccache.cpp: 293: CSyAccountCache::getUserImpl(name="NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST", sid="", create=false, ISyProgressObserver* )

synxcuser.cpp: 134: CSyUserImpl::CSyUserImpl(PSyUserDataInt, bool)

synxcuser.cpp: 2079: CSyUserImpl::isExistingOnOS()

Unable to check existence of account NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST. The endpoint format is invalid.

Failed action:  with parameters

Error number 2147944106 error type DCOM_HRESULT

ERROR      2012-07-17 01:19:39.137

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

CJS-20007  Password for user 'NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST' is empty.

TRACE      2012-07-17 01:19:39.137 [iaxxejsbas.hpp:424]

handleException<ESAPinstJSError>()

Converting exception into JS Exception EJSException.

TRACE      2012-07-17 01:19:39.137 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:699]

CGuiEngineImp::showMessageBox

<html> <head> </head> <body> Modifying the USER<b> NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST </b>failed.<br>SOLUTION: Modify the account manually and choose <i>OK</i> to continue.<br>If you choose <i>Cancel</i>, the installation will be aborted.<br>The detailed error message is as follows:<br> <pre>ind-rel.ind-os.ind-db.j2ee-eng.emptyPassword:

Password for user 'NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST' is empty.</pre> </body></html>

TRACE      2012-07-17 01:19:39.137 [iaxxgenimp.cpp:1248]

CGuiEngineImp::acceptAnswerForBlockingRequest

Waiting for an answer from GUI

" ....

I have found following help link and it confirms, that modifying the user account "Locale Service" does not make sense as it is not visible and never holds a password

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms684188(v=vs.85).aspx

Does anybody know what I did wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found probably the answer after spending the whole night in playing around in the build scripts (control.xml).

Looks like the system has somehow major issues to handle the "Local Service" user. I think the only change is follow the advice partially indicated within (http://scn.sap.com/thread/627801). I would recommend to create a new user (rather then assuaging any other) with Administration permissions and manually adjust the code to replace the user "Local Service" user with the new created one.

However, I have downloaded now the NetWeaver Version 7.31, which includes also another NWDW installation package. This packages works much better, but it nevertheless runs into issues as soon as the system tries to create & start the services.

It's somehow still the issue, that "Local Service" (in german "NT-AUTORITÄT\LOKALER DIENST") is used and I guess something is messed up with the password parameter after I actually able to manually start the service using the same user. It does not make sense to manually modify the service as the installation would always delete and recreate the web-service as part of the installation step. So there is not chance to pass this insulation step without digging a little bit deeper

I would recommend to modify the "control.xml" file within the "sapinst_instdir" folder.

There is function, which you need to find

this.createServiceWindows = function() {

NW.trace("NWInstanceInstall.createServiceWindows()");

There is a code fragment located, which creates the Web-Service.

var cmd = mgt.createChildApplication("-r");

cmd.setArguments(["-q",

"-p", this.getStartProfilePath().toStringOS(),

"-s", this.getSID(),

"-n", this.getNumber(),

"-U", sapsesid.name,

"-P", sapsesid.password,

"-e", sidadm.name]);

This fragment we modify and force a specific user. In my case I have used "mysystem\\Administrator" and also passed my password

cmd.setArguments(["-q",

"-p", this.getStartProfilePath().toStringOS(),

"-s", this.getSID(),

"-n", this.getNumber(),

"-U", "mysystem\\Administrator",

"-P", "mypassword",

"-e", sidadm.name]);

Save the changes, restart SAPInst ( you must completely close the SAPInst before!)  and select the same installation procedure as before. The system will ask you, if you like to continue your previous installation. Say yes and the system will try again to perform the same step, but this time it execute our modified code.

The web-service is now created using our user using our password and successfully starts up the services. You can keep it now as it is our manually open the services and switch the users back to the original used user "NT Authorization/Local Service" (without password).

et voilà ....

Execution of

SAP NetWeaver 7.3 including Enhancement Package 1 Developer Edition > Install > Server Installation

has completed.

I made it after a 24 hours nightmare 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great to know your problem is resolved.

Regards

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer to oss note 1548438.

Regards