Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Afaria 7 - combine groups

former_member184680
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

am I able to combine some groups to link policies?

e.g. group one is type "user" and group two is a dynamic one -> result group shows only members of group one AND two, not all of both

Thanks

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

While Creating the composite group with any combination of Groups whether it's combination of Dynamic+Static or Static+User etc, it should list all devices present in both the groups.

then link relevant policies with composite group that should be applied on devices.

You cant create composite group that while have only common members of Group 1 and 2, only you can filter it out on certain conditions using custom views in dynamic group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The composite group in Afaria should give you the members of both groups combined.

One way to confirm this would be to use 2 static groups with different devices as members.

Create a composite group which includes your 2 static groups, and you should see that, once finished, the members of the composite group are all of the devices in both static groups.

One thing that I have found is that it is best to get the Show/Hide Linked to clear (by making sure no groups are selected) before then selecting your composite group, as sometimes the Linked view doesn't refresh properly.

Once you have confirmed that you can then add different types of groups in to see what results you get, each time making sure to watch out for the refresh of the Show/Hide Linked view.

I believe also that the USER groups type currently don't correctly display the current members, so that may throw off the calculation of the combined members.

Regards,

Stephen