Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Normal Field to Organizational Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to get a guide about how to elevate a normal Field to an Organizational Field without any kind of insconsistence at BD?

Thank you in advanced,

Sara.

2 REPLIES 2

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sara,

Please see note 323817 & 727536

These notes give a pretty detailed description of the whole process.

In short, use report PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE. The definition of and org level has a direct impact on the auth default values in SU24 & the auth data in the roles.

Regards,

Shivraj

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done it by executing the same program/report PFCG_ORGFIELD_CREATE, but it some times does not perform the complete transfer of normal field into an org. field because it few tables including USORG. But there is again difference in the auhtorization defaults in USOBT_C and the TOBJ tables.

It ends up with error messages like below:

Authorization default values of transaction PA20 for object P_ORGIN inconsistent.

(if you have created a test role and added the PA20 tc-de in menu after the the org field conversion)

Actually, I suppose the above report converts the normal field to org field partially. Please execute the SU25 and adjust the customer tables to work it correctly (just like we do after an upgrade/installation), which I did in my case and it worked.

I hope it will help.

Thanks,

Vinod