cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy to SFTP (Multiple files)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I am wokring on a scenario Proxy to SFTP, here as and when proxy triggers and send the data to SAP PI at the same time we need to pick jcl file and together we need to place in the target SFTP server and between those is quote command 1st the data file then jcl for outbound

Could you please give your suggestion how we can do this?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please find more details

I am wokring on a scenario Proxy(ABAP Client) to SFTP (Advantco) using PI 7.31 (Dual stack only) and ECC6.
Here as and when proxy triggers and send the data to SAP PI at the same time we need to pick jcl file (Which is in PI Server itself) and together we need to place in the target SFTP server and between those two files some series of operations should execute.

In Target server Interfaces, if doing FTP directly from ECC6, below is the sequence of FTP commands.

We need to send JCL files to Target mainframe for inbound as well as outbound interfaces.

1. Outbound
a. open blue.ccs.abc.com
b. user logonid   password
c. put gefile.txt 'datasetname’
d. quote site filetype=JES
e. put pinvload.jcl
f. quit

2. Inbound
a. open blue.ccs.abc.com
c. quote site filetype=JES
d. put extract.jcl
e. quit

Is it possible to achieve above mentioned steps using FTP or SFTP adapter?

Could you please share your valueble suggestions/solutions on the same.

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

If I understood the scenario correctly, you need a File -> FTP (SFTP) scenario where its execution is triggered by the Proxy call. Correct?

Not sure if possible to achieve using ccBPM, but I'd give a shot on the following workaround:

1. Configure a sender File adapter to retrieve the required files from source;

2. Configure the receiver SFTP/FTP adapter to drop the files on the target server;

3. For having the event-control (by the Proxy call), you can either:

a) Use a Web Service call from the proxy to start/stop the channel only when you need it according to this blog entry:

http://scn.sap.com/people/santhosh.kumarv/blog/2012/03/01/sap-pi-startstop-communication-channel-usi...

b) Or have a direct URL call to start/stop the communication channel as mentioned below:

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2007/05/04/control-communication-channels-ex...

This should have the job done.

Best Wishes,

Lucas Santos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now it is Proxy to FTP scenaio
In Our Interfaces, if doing FTP directly from ECC6, below is the sequence of FTP commands. We need to send JCL files to targel server mainframe for inbound as well as outbound interfaces.

1. Outbound
a. open blue.ccs.ge.com
c. put gefile.txt 'datasetname’
d. quote site filetype=JES
e. put pinvload.jcl
f. quit

2. Inbound
a. open blue.ccs.ge.com
c. quote site filetype=JES
d. put extract.jcl
e. quit

My PI system on AS400/ISERIES.

My Question is how can we specify for the AS400 at OS command after file processing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to know how to call for liabrary.

I have executed with ALL ABC/TESTFTP.

I have tried with ls command but was executed succesfully

Execute OS command "ls" // In the audit log

In Case of CALL ABC/TESTFTP. getting error like Error executing OS command "CALL ABC/TESTFTP"

Please send me your answer ASAP its urgent for our business

Thanks in advance