cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Request Overwritten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

One modifiable transport request has been overwritten with other transport request which is having the same number. Strange , but happened.

Let me explain you in detail.

I have one modifiable transport 1- 'ABCDEFG' in Dev System.

I have imported a transport 2 with the same number 'ABCDEFG' from another system ( Don't ask me why..it is a big story ).

Both the transports are having different content altogether, infact, Modifiable transport has huge content in it to make it further worse.

I Could n't find the content of transport1 in E071 table as well , as it is having the content of new transport2.

the objects locked in transport1 are safe, but i can not identify all the objects .  Any suggestions ?

Thanks,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have few question.

1. why these transport request have the same name.

after the system copy you didnt change the TR range?

2. Transport 1 is addition changes over Transport 2 that u already imported.

3. while importing the 2nd transport request system didn't gave any warning? did that option of overwrite is checked while importing?

regards,

Meenakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Well its a unique issue which you have mentioned.

Anyways a few queries,

1. Was the transport request no same in the exported system as well?

2. Normally the transport request no is preceded by the system name , which denotes the system in which it was created, say if my Devlopment system ID is 'AD5', my requests are something like

'AD5'K000001.

For quality server 'if system ID is 'AQ5', my request will start with 'AQ5'K000001.

3. Can you provide some screenshots?

Regards,

Rijuraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Yes both are same say - 'ABCDEFG'. ( This is from the same source system which is moved to another system and source is refreshed and the tr is imported back - Complicated, but..happened).

I think it should answer all ur queries.

Ram.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Wow .What a great story it would be !!!

I believe in the other system to which you have moved the original request,

the request is also not available?.Else you could have copied it to another request and imported it

again to the target system.

Also can you paste the log created when the request was,

1.Exported to the Other system

2.Imported Back to the system.

And

3.Current contents of transport request 2 in the system.

Maybe you should post this query in the BASIS section.They would know how  to play around with the underlying log files created during transports.

Regards,

Rijuraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ram,

Of course it will get overwritten. This is basic RDBMS. I mean when your importing a transporting first of all you are changing the contents of E07* tables apart from the objects contained in the transport. So you import the transport E070,E071, E071K gets changed. I mean E071 and E071K have a referential integrity with E070 also known as foreign key .

They get changed entire transport content gets changed. There is nothing surprising about it.

Only good thing for you is changes saved in "Transport2" would be still intact (since you mention they contained exclusive object list) . Now find the impacted objects and save them in a transport manually or ask your ABAPPers/Functional Cons to assist you.

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Interesting problem . Did the original transport before import have any tasks. Try looking for tasks assosciated in E071. 

Regards,

Shravan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shravan,

Unfortunately, there are no tasks for the Transport1.

Ram.