cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI tables full DB02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Basis Pundits

Our PI development system has table which are filled to 99% . I don't think it is normal. In transaction DB02 most of the tables are filled to 99%. Our Basis team is pretty in competent so I have decided to investigate this myself. I am a noice when it comes to basis activities.

Could anyone tell me the reason why these tables are so full please? I suspect the delete /archive jobs are not setup in an optimum way. It would also be great if you could point me to blogs or WIKI about best practices for housekeeping PI systems and seting up delete archive jobs.

To me all of these basis activities are very exciting , I would like to learn a lot about it. So if you could point to me of any basis material as well that would be great .

Looking forward to your responses.

Reagrds

Venkat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a series of blogs on deleting/archiving messages in PI:

and the following ones, linked in the end of that one.

There is also a nice article that describes the process step by step:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-3890

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great! I learnt something new about archiving and deleting! Now that i know how it all works in theory can someone advice on the best practices for retention periods and delete/archive job frequencies please .

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to above details, if you want to know about archive and delete messages in PI integration engine level, you might glace this wiki too...

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/PI+Archiving+Conceptual+Overview

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You can also check the SAP note #872388 which provides further details with regard to archiving and deletion. With regard to retention periods this would all depend on business requirements. I would recommend running the archiving and deletion jobs daily.

A good way to check if the archiving and deletion jobs are running correctly is to run the report RSXMB_SHOW_REORG_STATUS. This shows the number of messages eligible for archiving and deletion which are outside the retention period and therefore should have been archived or deleted.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is getting more exciting .. I found out that there are around 900,000 entries which are set for deletion in SXMSPMAST table. So i ran the report RSXMB_DELETE_MESSAGES or atleast tried to run it . But it just took too long and failed to execute with timeout error. I checked and in this time it was only able to delete around 600 entries.

Is there a better way to run this report without timing out ?

Thank you

Answers (0)