Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems displaying a Word document in Webdynpro using Word 2010

michael_schmalfeldt2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just started developing a Webdypro that is supposed to show an editable Word document. The problem I'm facing is the following: on a PC that has SAPGUI 710/Office 2003/Internet Explorer 6 installed the document is displayed, but on my PC using SAPGUI 720/Office 2010/Internet Explorer 8 the Word document is not shown. Instead I see an empty frame and a small red X in the upper left corner. I compared the security settings in the Internet Explorer but I did not spot any differences. Could you help me solving the problem?

Thanks, Michael

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos
michael_schmalfeldt2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the link. That's exactely how my webdynpro is set up. As written before in an "older" system environment the Word integration into the Webdynpro works. So I'm not sure where the problem is located..... Is there a problem with Office 2010?

Regards, Michael

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

Not sure about that, Just Double click on the are weather its suppose to be shown, Ull get a wizard from SAP asking you to install a software called ios.acf. Install that and see if it s working.

Coz i am using MS 2010 and it worked for me.

michael_schmalfeldt2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I did not quite understand where I'm supposed to double-click. In the Internet Explorer when I test the Webdynpro application? If I doube click onto the empty frame (with the red cross) nothing happens.

If I double-click onto office integration frame in the view in SE80 the hourglass appears and disappears again....

michael_schmalfeldt2
Participant
0 Kudos

And maybe just a follow-up question: are you able to display RTF documents or just pure Word (doc, docx) documents?

former_member199126
Participant
0 Kudos

You are suppose to dbl click on the the red cross. So if that did n happen, please make sure thal all the proxy settings and the security settings in IE 8 are similar as IE 6.