Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching CRM 7.02

SabinLarranagaI
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi to all,

I recently installed a CRM 7.02 and i would like to deploy the lastest sp.

I calculated all the patches with maintenance optimizer, but i do not know how to apply them. I can find a way to give the generated .xml on the SAINT transaction.

Either way, if i go to the spam to define the queue, i revice a message to use " Support Package Manager for EBP/CRM" for BBPCRM.

On the Support Package Manager for EBP/CRM i can not choose more that one component. So what should i do?

Should i:

Apply patches for BBPCRM first and then the rest of the sp with the regular SPAM functionality?

Apply patches for one component at a time with the tool Support Package Manager for EBP/CRM?

What can i do with all the stack and XML generated with the Solution Manager.

Hope you guys can help me with the strategy for patching a CRM.

Thanks in advance,

Sabin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Ratnajit mentioned to use SAINT would be easy - can define the SP for all components.

We once tried to do vector patching using EBP/CRM Manager but were unable to. Seems if we select the target component as BBPCRM, all the necessary prerequisites (which basically are all the remaining software components like Basis, ABA, etc) all get automatically selected by the SPAM.

Regards,

Srikishan

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should be able to do the entire patching using the SAINT . Provide the stack xml file to SAINT and all your support packages would be put into a valid queue and would be applied

You do not need to go separately to tcode SPAM to apply the patches.

Regards

Ratnajit