cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert textfield into multiple lines text

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a problem regarding the design of a adobe interactive form. Basically, I am trying to create a form in which I have a statement, for example:

I am XXXX, born in XXXX(year) in XXXX(country, location).  I am writing this letter in hope of pursuing advanced studies in XXXXXXX.

How can I create a continuos text that can contain several lines and add numerous Text fields in specific places so the user could enter it's personal data after the form is exported?

Best Regards,

Mihai Dipsan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please close or mark this thread as answered if you are satisfied with the answers given Mihai and reward accordingly.

Thanks,

Nitin.

former_member193284
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

create a text field and select option multiple lines allowed and expand to fit option for(height & width). This should allow you to enter multiple lines.

Thanks

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Create "static" text leaving space in your text strings for the "place" where your edits are to go. Then overlay a "textedit" element on that space. It will sit over the top of it (ie. layers) and appear to be part of the text line. You will have these "edit" elements bound to "something" I am guessing and once filled in, you can generate your full string with the bound values inserted into it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mihai,

For your scenario, create a Static Text for the form. Lets take your example:

I am XXXX, born in XXXX(year) in XXXX(country, location).  I am writing this letter in hope of pursuing advanced studies in XXXXXXX.

Write static text like this:

I am (then right click and click floating field), born in (right click and click floating text) and so on.

After completing your static text right click on the floating field, go to object paette and bind it with the element from your input fields on the form (from the context).

This way you will get all the required fields in between your static text.

Thanks,

Nitin.