Did you mean: 

idoc to file scenario - strange error

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

facing a very strange issue.

pi7.3 scenario - idoc to file

sender IDOC_AAE channel, receiver file comm channel

sent idoc from ecc, idoc reached pi 7.3, then msg mapping occured as defined in ICO, then file receiver comm channel outputted the file.

now the problem is - in comm channel monitoring for receiver file comm channel, i can see the msg and its content as the complete msg - now i have used NFS and outputted the file in both binary/text modes, but when i am seeing AL11 and the file in it - the file is not complete - it is just one-third or even less of the complete file size.

Now my question is - is the file getting written completely on the file system? the msg content is showing complete file, then why AL11 is showing partial file - How to know whether the file was written completely or not? One option to know it is ask the basis team to check the file system and check the file size, but is there any other option to check it - as i do not have file system access.

pls suggest. thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

the file receiver comm channel is not showing any error - any way to check if some error occurred while writing the file to the file system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

now i doubt if the file is getting written completely.

i send an IDOC with very less data and its output file got written and displayed completely in AL11.

but when i am sending IDOC with much data, the file displayed in AL11 shows less than one-third or less than one-fifth of the size of the msg content in the msg in communication channel.

the msg log in communication channel is showing an entry that a file is written with the size in bytes, the same as shown in AL11. for example, suppose in output msg in comm channel if the msg payload content size is 5000 bytes, then the comm channel log is showing file written with 700 bytes and AL11 shows an entry in target directory for target file with 700 bytes.

so how to check what error is occuring in file writing of big files in PI file system.

pls suggest. thanks.

former_member184681
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Normally you could use transactions cg3y/cg3z to download/upload al11 files, but these two are not available in PI. So alternatively, you could execute the function module: ARCHIVFILE_SERVER_TO_CLIENT in transaction se37 with parameters: PATH = path to file to be downloaded, TARGETPATH = path on your local computer where the file is to be saved. Then you can verify your file's completeness. You can also check the file properties in al11 directly (Shift+F2).

In general, I think your file is complete, it is just incompletely displayed by al11.

Regards,

Greg

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Greg. but the properties in al11 is showing the file size which is one-third the msg content size.