cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warranty Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on Warranty management. In my scenario Warranty is for 2000 working hours of machine or 1year which ever is earlier,  same way when i checked in warranty master creation i am able to give in number of months and years. Can any one help where i can maintain as 2000 working hours or 1 year which is earlier.

Message was edited by: G Lakshmipathi

Please use the subject EFFECTIVELY

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I assume you are aware of Warranty Management, as you know what is Master warranty.

For your master warranty, to have you desired scenario.

1. As your requirment is based on time specfic. You need to define/maintain your Characteristic(CT04) for Chars Group (AM_WTY), say,

CharacteristicDescriptionUnit of Measure

WRK_HOURS

Working HoursHours

WTY_YEAR

YearsYear

2. You need to configure & maintain Warranty Counters(GM04) effectively.

Warranty CounterDefaultTime dependent

WRK_HOURS

X

WTY_YEAR

XX

In the warranty master (BGM1), it will be:

Master warranty - 300 (2000 Working Hours, 1 Year)

Warranty type - 1

In Counter tab maintain:

WarrCount.ItmWarrCounterChar Decs.MUInt No. WarCount

WRK_HOURS

Working HoursHours001

WTY_YEAR

YearsYear002

If it doesn't suffice your requirement, then raise the question SAP EAM forum.

cegaraujo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti Prakash,

I've got a situation for equipments (PM): Different (more than 3) third party vendors are able to perform services in this equipment. So, it is necessary managem several warranties. So far, I couldn't add more than 2 warranties. Do you know any way to insert more than two warranties in the same technical object (functional location or equipment)?

Best regards.

Carlos Araujo

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear J Prakash

Now i have configured as suggested by you.

But now i am finding this error.

But system shows negative in Check mark status, so it will not check the warranty (because in the below screen I am able to enter only Begin Guarantee date, Whereas I have to maintain Begin date as well as begin guarantee in hours, so system will check the status).

Kindly suggest me on this, How to bring the hours field in Warranty tab.

If not, any other alternative solution.

Waiting, for your valuable feedback.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Indeed nice gesture & thanks for the update.

Now, you have to maintain Measuring Point(Tcode IK01) for your equipment. For which you are already getting error in second screenshot.

Further, you can track the equipment usage & time based on Measurement Document(IK11) created with your reference to Measuring point. There might need to capture MeasTime (Date/Time) & Read by (User).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Means i am not finding where i can maintain working hours

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Hae you created warranty as Material? If yes then I guess you would have set Base Unit of Measure as H - Hour.

Accordingly you can maintain Condition Records for 1000 Hours & maintain scales for price less than 1000 Hours & Price more than total hours hours in 1 year.

Thanks,

Jignesh mehta