cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add transport request button grey out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have got some BO transports to import in DEV system, I have copied datafile and cofile to DIR_TRANS/datafile and cofile folder at OS level.

Now I have logged in to 000 client of DEV and STMS_IMPORT, there if i try to add new request, the button is greyed out.

Please sugggest what could be the possibilities because i am able to add the request in QAS but not in DEV, just to add to it we have extended transport system.

Cheers,

Shobhit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Shobhit,

Which button is exactly greyed out ? You mean : Extras--Other requests--Add ?

Regards.

Ruchit Khushu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ruchit,

Yes, Extras- other requests- Add button.

Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobit,

Check your import queue and see if there is any transport without client assigned to it waiting to be imported. If so assign client to it and then check if it works ? If there are multiple such transports you need to assign a client to all of them. 

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ruchitu,

Yes there are few TR who need target client, but if I assign target client to them they asks to be imported, I dont want to import them.

How shall I proceed ?

Regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shobit,

By just assigning a client won't make the transports get imported unless and until you have periodic import job or your import the transports manually. If you have that then these transports will get auto imported. If not then no worry because you have to do manual import and that is something you can control. Important thing is IMPORT ALL option should be used in your case where selective import is needed.

Without asigning the client this issue won't get resolved. And what exact message are you getting when adding a client. May be something like " Do you want to import this TR to this client ?? ". Selecting YES won't start import but will just make it available for import to that particular client.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruchitsu,

You advise worked like a magical therapy.

You rock man !

Problem resolved after assigning client to open TRs in queue.

regards,

Shobhit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shobit,

By just assigning a client won't make the transports get imported unless and until you have periodic import job or your import the transports manually. If you have that then these transports will get auto imported. If not then no worry because you have to do manual import and that is something you can control. Important thing is IMPORT ALL option should be used in your case where selective import is needed.

Without asigning the client this issue won't get resolved. And what exact message are you getting when adding a client. May be something like " Do you want to import this TR to this client ?? ". Selecting YES won't start import but will just make it available for import to that particular client.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay great but please stop changing my name with every post

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruchit,

Point noted !! and mine is ShobHit

Vasudevan,

Yes it was client assignment problem, post marked answered.

Thanks to all who tried to help.

Cheers !

Shobhit

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184544
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you provide screen shot what you are trying to do because i had this problem someime back and i assigned the client without needing to import them

former_member184544
Participant
0 Kudos

Please provide a snapshot of your current import Q of DEV and screenshot of the greyed out option

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is TMS configured?... why are you trying to import them in 000?... did you logon with your own user or a generic one?

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

Yes TMS is configured, we move request to QAS daily using STMS, we are in implementation phase and we just need to import transports in DEV( for opening BO connectivity ).

Since DEV is domain controller so I used 000 to add request.

I tried with other clients in DEV too, but all has it greyed.

Is it not right approach, am I missing some setting ?

Thanks,

Shobhit

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you logon with your own user or a generic one (SAP*, DDIC)?

You should create your own user and make sure you have enough authorizations , SAP*/DDIC have some limitations (can't remember if this one is one of them).

Also, you can try using command tp addtobuffer from OS level

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Juan,

I am using my own user and  it has SAP _ALL and SAP_NEW.

I tried with ddic as well and its still greyed out, I dont want to use OS level command as I want to fix this greyed out button.

It shall not be grey out and I need inputs or suggestion from people like you to help sorting this.

Cheers !

Shobhit