Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pdf from RSTXPDFT4 not displaying proper characters as that of spool

former_member242512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have an issue when im creating pdf from RSTXPDFT4 for a spool ,the pdf is not showing chinese traditional characters correctly .

Although the spool is displaying correctly in sp01.

What is the issue ? if something needs to be install in machine ? so what should be that ?

Regards

Ujjwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which devcie type is used to create the spool before it is converted to PDF? It should be Chinese device type like CNSAPWIN or a unicode device type like SWINCF. Also the Adobe Reader on your Frontend machine must have the Chinese language pack installed. SAP never embeds Asian font files into the PDF because they are musch too large.

Regards,

Aidan

former_member242512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan ..

Thanks for reply ..... i tried output using device of mentioned device type but still couldn't generate the output correctly .... So i think issue is with the missing  Chinese language pack........ 

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should be able to download the font packs from Adobe. See the link:

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=10&platform=Windows

Check under section Add-Ons.

Regards,
Aidan

former_member242512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan ..... i installed font pack for traditional chinese for my adobe..... still charcaters are not clear ... is there something related to language pack of the operating system ?... im trying that too.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For non-unicode device types like CNSAPWIN, the language key of the form must be ZH and the font must be a Chinese font like e.g. CNHEI for the Chinese characters.

Try creating the spool via unicpode device type SWINCF. Here the font and the language key are not so important. what is the result if you convert a spool created via SWINCF via RSTXPDFT4?

Regards,
Aidan

former_member242512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan ..... I realised adding font pack chinese traditional for Adobe Reader solved my problem . Thanks for suggesting .

Answers (0)