cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Language toggle at runtime

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wanted to display my ABAP web dynpro application in both english and chinese with the help of a toggle button. I know through OTR Texts we could change the language of the application based on SAP logon language. But i would like to give the user the option to toggle between english & Chinese even though they login to SAP in English. I tried to modify SY-LANGU and SET LOCALE LANGUAGE option which didn't work. Appreciate if any of you could help me on this.

Thanks,

Rajee.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OTR texts will load initially when you start the application with the log on language. If you change the SY-LANGU, the texts will not change dynamically. You have to re-load the application through navigarion plug and pass the new language in URL parameter.

Hope this helps u.,

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Kiran. I am bit curious to know if there is any other better approach (instead of OTR texts) for achieving this task? Appreciate if you could point me to some guide / article on how to get this done.

Thanks again.

Rajee.

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajee,

...if there is any other better approach (instead of OTR texts)

Simple answer: no, there is no better approach.

OTR is made for multi-language support of WDA applications, so please use this standard.

Not recommended:

Else you have do develop a second similar app in Chinese, where you hard code all text elements (incl. domain values and labels) and call this app via your toggle button.

Regards

Uwe

Answers (0)