cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

process are in private mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

during the peak hrs most of the users in a particular application server, goes in pvt mode as i checked through the process overview(sm50), users generally complain about that slow response, what to do in such case, kindly suggest 

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First all all, you need to check what's the MAX USE for extended memory and how much memory assigned to extended memory, what;s the physical memory available on your host, to ensure no memory bottleneck.

Secondly, you need to ensure that wp went private is due to insufficient Extended Memory or expensive sql/bad program/huge selection.

if Extended memory is set to too low, you can increase the extended memory to higher value if physical memory allow.

If the wp went private is due to expensive SQL or bad programing, perhaps you can have you application developer to look into it.

Cheers,

Nicholas Chang

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi nikolas,

memory issue is not there,   most of the users are running are Z reports, some time  i need to cancel few of them in order to get the work done...

former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please let me some of the following information :

What is the RAM available in the system and the SWAP space configured?

Value of the following parameters

ztta/roll_extension

em/initial_size_mb

Go to ST02 --> Detailed Analysis Menu --> Storage

paste the details here .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member189725
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I suggest you increase the ztta/roll_extension and also em/initial_size_mb value so that user context does not start using heap memory . Also increase the swap space .

See if this prevents users from using heap memory and workprocesses going to private mode .

Regards

Ratnajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks a lot 4 the suggestion, i will do that @ night , i will let u know the result tomorrow , thanks a lot 4 all the suggestions.

Regards

Bishwanath Kanjilal

Answers (0)