cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing unwanted columns in POWL ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

I am working on POWL. While displaying the POWL ALV  I am getting some unwanted columns, in the settings (Hidden columns and displayed columns list ). I tried having the fields which I want by coding in the feeder class method GET_FIELD_CATALOG.I populated only the fields I want in the  c_fieldcat changing parameter. Though c_fieldcat is correctly getting populated , in the end all the fields ( even the unwanted ones ) are there in the settings of the ALV (either in hidden columns list or displayed columns list). Any idea how to get rid of the unwanted columns?

Thanks & Regards,

Ravindra.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chandani_kaur
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra,

Define a variable ls_fieldcat  of TYPE powl_fieldcat_sty.

(1) If the coloumn should be visible in POWL then set ls_fieldcat-col_visible = 'X'.

(2) if you want to hide the coloumn from POWL but visible in settings, so that if the end user want he can view the coloumn details later on then set ls_fieldcat-col_visible = space.

(3) If the coulumn should not be visible at all then set ls_fieldcat-technical_col = abap_true.

Thanks & Regards,

Chandani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your help, Chandani.

Regards,

Ravindra.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravindra,

ls_fieldcat-technical_col can be used for this purpose. The aim of this field is to use for some logic in feeder and donot use as UI column.

Best regards,

Rohit