cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Excise Tab is not appearing?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Experts,

I am doing MIGO in which doing Goods Receipt against Outbound Delivery. In this I found Excise Tab is disappear at item detail level. I have also checked the material is already maintained in J1ID for the relavant Plant. Can anybody suggest me solution? Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Biraj Adeshara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biraj,

In J1ID, material excise details must be maintained in the receiving plant with excise material type as 'raw material'. Excise tab is not appearing at item level means you should check J1ID for that materials. System is unable to find the respective excise registers for these materials in the receiving plant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Shailesh,

As per your suggestion I checked the material type in J1ID and it shows RG1 not raw material. So should I change RG1 to raw material??? Thanx for your guideline....

Regards,

Biraj Adeshara

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in config tax on goods movement basic settings maintain Excise groups pl check whether there is check mark on 'Post Excise Invoice in Migo'

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biraj,

As per excise rule, you can not post stock transfer receipt directly to RG1 register in the receiving plant. Change the material type in J1ID from RG1 to raw material.

If this is a inhouse manufactured material then after posting GR again in J1ID you have to make it as RG1 otherwise RG1 register will not be updated for that material inhouse production.

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

please check the CIN settings at excise group level ,

img- logistic general - tax on goods movement - INDIA- basic settings - maintain excise groups , here check the you excise group details , the field EI capture activated or not , when check this field then you will check the MIGO, it comes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit,

I have gone through the tab you suggested and I found "Post Excise Invoice in Migo" is not maintained there. The checkbox is unchecked.

I also like to tell you the process....This is STO......and for receiving plant, Post Escise Invoice in MIGO is unchecked.....so shall i mark it as check???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajit,

I have gone through the tab you suggested and I found "Post Excise Invoice in Migo" is not maintained there. The checkbox is unchecked.

I also like to tell you the process....This is STO......and for receiving plant, Post Escise Invoice in MIGO is unchecked.....so shall i mark it as check???

Thanx & Regards,

Biraj

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, then you will get excise tab during MIGO

bsivasankarreddy_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

check the EI capture field only , on that time only it will come,

other wise  when you make a J1IG , then this tab will come ,

please check this

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biraj,

Go through the SAP answer from note,1559145 - Frequently asked questions for procurement in India: CIN.

Q. Excise tab is not seen during GR posting?

A.Check for,

- Valid tax code.

- IF movement type made relevant for excise in table J_1IMVMT.

- Material is maintained for excise.

If you activate "Post Excise Invoice in Migo" indicator then the Part 1 and Part 2 entries are posted in MIGO itself. Without activating this indicator, still the  Excise tab appears in MIGO to capture excise (Part 1) entry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Bojja,

As per your suggestion, this checkbox is ticked mark.

Dear Mr. Shailesh,

this is a inhouse production so they have selected RG1......

Thank you very much for your suggestion.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Shailesh,

I am new in MM and can you tell me what do you mean by excise invoice part-1 and part-2???

Material is maintained for receiving plant....not for supplying plant....does this effect???

To check Movement type, i will run t-code se16n and table name J_1IMVMT....so after that i got list of movement types and I found the movement type is in material document is 641 which is there in J_1IMVMT.

How to check Valid Tax code?

Thanx & Regards,

Biraj

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biraj,

RG23A/C Part 1 - Material receipt and issue quantities  are updated in this excise register. At the time of MIGO this register is updated called as Part 1 update.

RG23A/C Part 2 - Excise duty amounts are updated in this excise register. Normally this is not updated at the time of MIGO (depends on business requirement). In this case, you have to post the vendor invoice in J1IEX then the excise duty amounts are posted to Part 2 register.

The setting of Part 2 register update in MIGO is depends on the "Post Excise Invoice in Migo" indicator. If you activate this indicator then the excise duty values will be updated after posting MIGO. It is called as Part 2 update. Check your business requirement and then activate this indicator.

For the second question, Yes it will affect on excise duty flow. Material excise details must be maintained in the supplying and receiving plant, this could be the reason that you are not getting excise tab at item level for some materials. If the material is not there in the supplying plant excise invoice then you will not get excise invoice tab at item level for that materials.

Movement type 101 should also be there in table J_1IMVMT because in the receiving plant you will receive the goods in MIGO by 101 movement type and then the excise registers will be updated.

In case of stock transfer within same company code, tax code is not required.

Go through the below link which explains Excise Registers related activities in detail,

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/EXCISE+REGISTERS+UPDATION,+EXTRACTION+AND+PRINTING.

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biraj,

Still you have not got answer to your question ?

As you have not maintained material excise details in J1ID in supplying plant, system consider these materials as non-excisable and these materials will not be there in the supplying plant Excise Invoice.

So, in the receiving plant when you enter supplying plant Excise Invoice number in MIGO, system doesn't activate excise tab at item level for these materials as these materials are not there in the supplying plant excise invoice.

Maintain material excise details in supplying and receiving plant and run the scenario again then you will not face this issue. You will get excise tab for all materials in MIGO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mr. Shailesh,

I have found the solution and last thing I want to ask. now in JIid Screen, I have to maintain following section :

(1) Material & Chapter ID combination by adding supplying Plant

(2) CENVAT Determination

(3) Excise Indicator for Plant

(4) Excise Indicator for Plant and Vendor

and In SPRO-logistic-general-Tax on goods movement- India - Basic settings - select Maintain Plant setting and in this I have to select Plant by clicking new entry. this is required, right?

Have I Miss any section in J1ID to maintain?

Thanx a lot.

Regards,

Biraj

former_member187965
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biraj,

This is sufficient.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mr. Shailesh.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1 I think the J1ID transaction , you have not assigned the  chapter ID and material ID combinATION

2 In Excise group ,activate the MIGO settings .

former_member193587
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

Check for

- Valid tax code.

- IF movement type made relevant for excise in table  J_1IMVMT

- Material is maintained for excise

If you are doing STO with delivery using VL10B, the take help of SD guy.

He will create STO pricing from sales point of view. Maintain condition record in VK11 which will get reflected in VF01& ultimately, this will flow in J1IIN.

When you put Outbound delivery number (Created via VL02N) in MIGO & put excise invoice number & date (Created by J1IIN), system picks excise values automatically.