cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect to MYSQL using jdbc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried to connect to MYSQL usign the regular ODBC driver, but whenever i tried to add a table to the structure in the information designer tool, it crashed, and i found someone with the same problem, and they used the JDBC and it worked.

In my local machine, i edited the mysql.sbo  file and added the following

<ClassPath>

<Path>C:\\Program Files\\SAP BusinessObjects\\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI                               4.0\\dataAccess\\connectionServer\\mysql-connector-java-5.1.21-bin.jar</Path>           

</ClassPath>

And it worked locally, so i did the same to the mysql.sbo file in the server, but when i export to the repository and try to create a report in the BI launchpad, Sometimes i get this error

Database error: No suitable driver found for jdbc:mysql://myserver.com. (IES 10901) (WIS 10901)

and sometimes "No class found com.mysql.jdbc.Driver in classpath"

what am i doing wrong?

Best

Leandro

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Leandro,

Please change change the above path to

<ClassPath>

<Path>C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\mysql-connector-java-5.1.21-bin.jar</Path>          

</ClassPath>

And set the CALSSPATH in Environment variables.

/path/mysql-connector-java-ver-bin.jar;

Please Refer the driver folder mysql-connector-java-5.1.21 --> Docs--> connector-j.pdf  13th page.

Assume you have installed the driver at C:\Program Files\MySQL\mysql-connector-java-5.1.8.

Accordingly set CLASSPATH variable to C:\Program Files\MySQL\mysql-connector-java-5.1.8\mysql-connector-java-5.1.8-bin.jar. Your driver version may vary based on your installation.

Regards

Pardhu