cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J2SE as Continual Operation & Dynamic File Naming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to install J2SE as continual operation as WindowNT service. Java is installed in C drive under program files section. When I am running the install_service.bat, I am giving JVMDLL path as C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\client. When I am starting the service from Windows services, I m getting error in log that Error opening the Java Virtual Machine (Path: C:\Program). Upon checking I felt that it could be due to space in path (Program Files) and later reinstalled java and now the path is C:\JAVA\jre\bin\client but still getting the error Error opening the Java Virtual Machine (Path: C:\JAVA\jre\bin\client).

Has anyone installed J2SE as WindowsNT service successfully? Can you please help here? Please note that I haven’t set any particular JAVAhome or classpath variables.

Also on a different note, I would like to know if dynamic file naming can be achieved in J2SE receiver file adapter? SAP configuration doesn’t indicate so.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sushil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushil,

I had the same problem. And I found out after a lot of tires, that I have to run the cmd.exe AS ADMINISTRATOR to be able to actually install the J2SE Engine as a service. Then it worked. It didn't help to log on to the server with a user with admin permissions.

Regards

jenny

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>as anyone installed J2SE as WindowsNT service successfully? Can you please help here? Please note that I haven’t set any particular JAVAhome or classpath variables.

You might want to try in Oracle java site forum on this topic. You will get more suggestions over there.