cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Team Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

We are planning to set up Incident Management VAR with Solution Manager 7.1 SP5.

One of the important points is the set up of Team Determination and automatic Mail notification.

We have tree support teams, each of them has own Outlook Mail Account/collective line:

Basis:  bc@your-company.com

FI/CO:  fico@your-company.com

BW:  bw@your-company.com

What is the best procedure to set up an automatic E-mail notification in case of new incidents for each team (mail to collective line into Outlook) and automatic support team determination (message with BC-component to Basis Team, etc.)?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

normally we proceed this way as first define our organisation structure in PPOMA_CRM,(hom many support teams. howmany levels of them needed), then configure support team auto determaintaion, once it is worked then append another configuration as auto email generation.

there are few sources which help you through

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/202cfee9-7ff5-2d10-a0b5-ff82aa...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/30bfb120-d4fa-2d10-7389-fadeee...

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

Many thanks!

Do we need to create a Business Partner for each support employee or

is it possible to create only 3 support teams (BC, FICO, BW) plus to activate the mail notification?

We would like to prefer the second way..

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

you can create 3 support team assigned to one org model "Support Team" in the sam PPOCA_CRM trasaction

so inside this organizational you have 3 different support team as per req.

they will have different BPs.e.g  BC wil have a separate BP say "1" Fico wil have "2" etc

so you can filter the message later based upon teams as well.

Hope it helps

Regards

Prakhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

This sounds good!

When I use into PPOMA_CRM I can see already some items:

Service Provider, Service Desk, BC-TEAM, CRM-TEAM.

Should I use these items or can I create my own support organisation with my own Items BC-Mycompany, etc?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

You can also use BRFPLus functionality to achieve this. The documentation is already available in Service Marketplace in Inst Guides.

There are standard actions available in SOlution Manager to determine support team and send an email.

Please check the guide Config_bus_rule_framework_plus in the Inst guides of solman -> Application Inc Management.

This guide explains step by step process to achieve.

THanks,

Jagadish.

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex

it will be better to create your own team instead of modifying standard teams

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

First of all if you want to trigger an email to a group email like yours you have to maintain that in a BP or business partner

so create BP and then maintain the group email in this BP No.

you can use the action to trigger emails ( this works if SCOT is configured) ...check this blog

http://scn.sap.com/people/dolores.correa/blog/2007/09/18/sending-e-mail-from-support-message

hope it resolves the problem

Regards

Prakhar