cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.3 AEX IDoc to File Scenario

0 Kudos

Has anyone done end to end IDoc to File scenario in PI 7.3 AEX Java Only version?
I was able to create Java IDoc Communication Channels but could not create ALE Distribution Model in ECC since PI AEX does not have Logical System defined in NWA.

I am also interested to know if anyone has done end to end File to IDoc using AEX Java Only. I already know the JAVA IDoc adapters and how to create sender/receiver IDoc communication channels.

Thanks,

John

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kumaramar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I have tested in the past and again i create a scenario using R/3 -> PI 7.3 AEX -> File System. It works fine. The doubts whcih you might be having is what to give in the Partner No. Field while sending IDoc from R/3. Create Business system for your sender in SLD of PI 7.3 AEX and transport the same to Integration Directory so that you have you sender business system here. It will have all the details for field Adapter Specific Identifier. Now create your sender idoc channel. You can use the RFC Server Parameter as Default and Ack Destination as the destination you create in NWA of PI 7.3 AEX. This destination should have a successful connection test in nwa. Also in nwa, configure resource adapter inboundRA with Program ID, GatewayServer and GatewayService details. The same program ID should be provided while creating RFC destination (Type T) in R/3 system. Connection test of this RFC destination should be successful as well. Also create Port in R/3 system using this RFC destination.

Now the configuration are ready to send idoc to PI 7.3 AEX and receiver by a file system. While sending idoc, you the sender port as SAP<SID>, Sender Partner No as <SID>CLNT<ClintNo.> and LS as Part. Type. Same details for receiver except the Port. This should be the same as defined previously which actually connects to PI via the RFC Destination created in R/3. Enter other relevant details for sending Idoc and your scenario will work successfully.

Regards, Amar

0 Kudos

Can anyone provide steps in completing AEX IDoc to File scenario?

rajan_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Were you able to do this scenario in new 7.3 AEX? I'm having the same problem and don't know what are the steps in ECC and in PI NWA. I hope someone can help.

Thanks,

Rajan

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>Has anyone done end to end IDoc to File scenario in PI 7.3 AEX Java Only version?

yes

>>>but could not create ALE Distribution Model in ECC since PI AEX does not have Logical System defined in NWA.

you don't have a business system for AEX in SLD ? what did you put in the logical system field ? (integration tab)

>>>I am also interested to know if anyone has done end to end File to IDoc using AEX Java Only.

yes

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk

0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for the replies. I have not defined logical system name for AEX in SLD. What should be the naming convention for AEX Logical system?

Also, once Logical System is defined, where is this AEX logical system name used in business system (ECC)? Do we still create the distribution model as before and give this AEX logical system name?

Can somebody give steps from the beginning to testing the IDoc in the AEX IDoc to File scenario?

Thanks,

John