cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF-BATCH Email ID in MSMP workflow

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know the significance and purpose of the WF-BATCH user Email ID. Every email notification shows this email ID. Actually I have given a dummy email ID though I am not getting any issue. 

Thanks in Advance

NAG

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nag, I would recommend to put a meaningful email-adress, not a fake one.

Why? Even if the SAP-server transfered the WF-emails to SMTP-server they might come back.

SPAM-Filters, wrong email-adresses, mail-server problems - all kind of problems may occur.

Good if security admins know before recipient complains ("I did not receive ...") .

Also sometimes the users come back with questions - especially if the email notifications have poor content or users are not well trained.

Since also sensitive emails are sent (passwords) and may return only security-admins should have access to the mailbox. Make sure that it is part of monitoring.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

We maintain the WF-user ID to send the e-mails. Basically, it is the e-mail ID cofigured via which the

emails will be delivered. WF-BATCH is maintained as e-mail sender in configuration parameter 1113.

We need to give its email ID in SU01 and the emails will be routed through this user.

Best Regards,

Akhil Chopra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

WF_BATCH is a system user which is responsible for execution of all background jobs in workflows.

It has SAP_ALL authorization. It is basically used for sending emails from GRC Box.

If you are using WF_BATCH as the system user for email exchange between your SAP system and any external system, then you need to maintain a valid email ID for it.

WF-BATCH is maintained as e-mail sender in configuration parameter 1113 in SPRO and it should be maintained in SU01 as well.

Regards,

Shreya Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreya,

Thank you for your input. Yes you are absolutely right.

But my concern is If I give the valid Email ID where can I see the reflection?

What is the use of valid Email ID?

If I use valid Email ID, can I track some thing in the feture?

This Email ID is showing on the Notification Emails as sender. As i said if I use Dummy Email ID like 123@abc.com, I am not getting any issue.

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shreya,

Is it mandatory to maintain that parameter id "1113"?

Because, it is not maintained in our system but I am duly receiving e-mails for actions like "PSS".

Can you suggest?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal,

For the Parameter-1113 you have to configure the Access Control E-mail

sender (wf-batch).

The application uses the e-mail of this user as defined in SU01 to send the workflow e-mails to the approvers.

Best Regards,

Nandita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nag,

Yes, you are correct. You will receieve email notifications because the Email ID maintained in SU01 is a valid and system checks the ID which contains the characters of a valid ID. like '@' and '.com'.

Even though it is dummy, but it is correct.

The use of this ID is to send the workflow Notifications. And, this Email ID will be reflected in the Notification Emails which is sent to Approvers/ Users, i.e. request submission, provisioning etc.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Shreya Gupta