Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIRSA 4.0 data export process for Migration to GRC AC10.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello GRC Experts,

I would like to know the steps to be followed for VIRSA 4.0/AC4.0 data export process to GRC AC 10.0. I have referred the migration guide but there it says as below which is confusing. Can someone please clarify to me whether I need to install GRC 10.0 Plugins on the same system where VIRSA 4.0 exists

In my case VIRSA 4.0 exists on SAP 4.6 system. So do I need to install, GRC 10 Plug-Ins on SAP 4.6c system before the migration is performed. Please explain the data export process if VIRSA 4.0 is installed on 4.6 system.

1. Log on to the backend system. This is the system on which the SAP GRC 10.0 plug-ins are installed to update an existing AC 4.0 or AC 5.3 environment.

2. Execute transaction /GRCPI/AC_EXPORT.

The AC 4.0 and AC 5.3 Data Export program screen appears.

I would also like to know that we are upgrading 4.6 to ECC 6.0 so can I move VIRSA 4.0 on 4.6 to ECC 6.0? Please share the correct SAP Note to refer for this process. Once VIRSA 4.0 has moved to ECC 6.0, can we install GRC AC 10 Plug-in on the same ECC 6.0 system. Are there any compatibility issues that I will face while data export as both VIRSA and GRC AC 10 both will be there on the 4.6 system.

Please clarify to me on the above migration procedure from virsa 4.0 to GRC AC 10 as its an urgent requirement.

Best Regards

Malini

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malini,

Yes, you need to install AC plugins on all your backend-systems.

For the compatibility and the installation of the packages you may ref the below SAP Notes.

#1680268: Compatibility of Access Control Packages

#1686004: AC 4.0 compatibility with EHP 5 and EHP 6

And also request you to ref the Installation Guide. It will give you the list of relevant notes.

Regards,

Shaily

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone done this before VIRSA 4.0 to GRC AC 10.0 migration. Can the GRC experts please let me know the data export process as it is not clear in the SAP GRC 10 Migration guide.

I would like to know how to migrate the data from VIRSA 4.0 to GRC AC 10.0. Do I need to install GRC AC 10.0 plug ins GRCPIINW and GRCPIERP on SAP 4.6 system where VIRSA 4.0 is installed in order to export the VIRSA 4.0 data to a common file location?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malini,

Yes, you need to install AC plugins on all your backend-systems.

For the compatibility and the installation of the packages you may ref the below SAP Notes.

#1680268: Compatibility of Access Control Packages

#1686004: AC 4.0 compatibility with EHP 5 and EHP 6

And also request you to ref the Installation Guide. It will give you the list of relevant notes.

Regards,

Shaily

0 Kudos

Thanks Shaily,

Could you please help me and let me know if I install AC Plugins GRCPINW and GRCPIERP on SAP 4.6 system where VIRSA4.0 is also there, what is the process to export the data from VIRSA 4.0.

Is there any tool that I need to access using a T-Code. Please share the VIRSA 4.0 data export process steps as it is not clear in the Migration guide.

Thanks in Advance!

Best Regards

neerajmanocha
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Malini,

Instructions to upgrade to 10.0 from 4.0 are very clear in Migration Guide. You can follow the below steps when you export the data from 4.0.

1. Install GRCPINW / GRCPIERP packages on your 400_46C system.

2. After installation, execute the Tcode " /GRCPI/AC_EXPORT " and provide all the details (RFC connector, RAR/SPM checkboxes, File Location and Ruleset name).

3. Once this data is exported, you can go to 10.0 GRC main box and execute transaction "GRAC_DATA_MIGRATION" and follow the steps.

This is all we need to perform while upgrading from 4.0 to 10.0.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards

Neeraj